Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast RF unit problem?

Options
  • 14-08-2004 12:27pm

Hi,

I just bought a Dreamcast over eBay but notice distortion and flicker with the tv picture on some games.

It seems to be more noticeable on bright games such as Crazy Taxi than Resident Evil CV.

Is this normal? I want to be certain before I go back to the seller and complain about anything...

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

First, try a different TV connection, like a SCART cable. Then see if it's any different.

I'll need a Dreamcast SCART cable for that and don't have one...any ideas on where I might pick up one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Besides the possibility that your RF unit is dodgy, you're really not doing the graphical power of the DC any justice by using RF. You really should be using SCART or S-VHS. Otherwise you could pick up a VGA convertor to play your DC through your computer monitor.

Actually the rf problem fixed itself ....I just gave it a shake and it righted itself...its perfect.

A VGA converter!! I actually have a laptop but would it still be possible to use its screen with the Dreamcast?

• Advertisement

That would be possible if your laptop has a VGA input which allows you to use another device on the screen. LCD screen would probably be blurry though. A large PC monitor with a decent set of speakers would be more like it.

Advertisement