Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS PES 3/4 on PC (best gamepad)

Options
  • 14-08-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Thinking of buying 3 or 4 (may not be able to wait for 4) on the pc and I was wondering what gamepad is best to get and where can I get it? I only have 2 USB ports, The more ports, the more players? It will be on a laptop.

Hopefully there is a gamepad that will work similar to the PS2 as that's where I've honed my skills!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

www.play.com and get the ps2 to usb adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

do you mean this one ? That's so much better! How much does it work out with delivery to Ireland? Anywhere to buy in Ireland do you know? And it works perfect with ISS PES do you know?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

cormie wrote:
    do you mean this one ? That's so much better! How much does it work out with delivery to Ireland? Anywhere to buy in Ireland do you know? And it works perfect with ISS PES do you know?
    Thanks!

Play have free delivery on everything as far as i know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can buy it in peats or maplin 20 blips i think.

Best pad i ever had for PC gaming is Interact Hammerhead FX. It was that good i wore it out :(
    Also have 2 Saitek p3000 wireless pad , very good but not enough buttons for PES.

kdjac

As long as the PS2 controller works the same as it does with PES on PS2???

Would the hammer one be much better for PES?

• Advertisement

looks like the peats one only takes one controller and it's double the price nearly.

Maplin is the same one also dearer than play.

Ok, so this will DEFINITELY work with PES 3/4 the same way as with a playstation?

Thanks!

anyone know the answer the the above Q's? Wanna order soon if all is good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

haven't used one myself, but i've noticed that it makes no mention of analogue support...
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=10&products_id=3833&PHPSESSID=d7f7a70c3b9c17c08d2d9c16315a0bd2
    thats what i'd go for tbh
    (only 1 port though...)

thats only one port and all the way in the US. I looked through yahoooooo and a few forums where the play.com one is mentioned. Nothing about no analogue support so looks promising. Think I will just go for it:)

Placebo got one in peats or maplin 2 weeks ago with 4 ports.

And yes if it works in windows(which it does) it will work for PES4.

I bought a new gamepad today Logitech Ps2 clone, i have 6 pads now, becoming a running joke trying to replace that hammerhead FX , its old so cant buy it anymore.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

maplin people didnt have it on display, so i asked them and they checked their pcs, correction 1 young guy did and he couldnt find the code and he checked the catalogue and couldnt find ne thing... still.

play.com get it there/

KdJac, why not just get the thing off play.com and use PS2 one?

So placebo, did you actually get the 4 port one? how much? Does it work well? analogue?

cormie wrote:
    KdJac, why not just get the thing off play.com and use PS2 one?

So placebo, did you actually get the 4 port one? how much? Does it work well? analogue?

Dont like PS2 pads , have an N64 Adaptoid but not enough buttons for PES.

Got a Logitech Dual Action cheapo thingy in argos its perfect €29.99
    Can still use the hammerhead for D pad just the sticks on the analog fell off. (placebo its my weapon of choice of Sf2 whompings)
    Just beat Arsenal 1-0 scabby inoff goal to win it, Wichy hit post and ran on and it went in off him :D played 7 in Div 1 won 7 :D

kdjac

Well financially I think the converter is my best option as I already have PS2 controllers and providing they will work perfect with it, it will only cost me €12 to get 2 controllers working on my pc:) PES what a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

they will work properly and i've been using them

cool! Off to go scab a credit card so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

KDJAC bring it !!!!!!!! i pullled a diago this morning on snk vs chaos, usinglaptop keyboard (cant even press more than 1 button at a time ) had no life left and i think other dude at nearly half full !!! anyway then he picked mr karate and kicked my ass.

cormie i didnt end up buying it, cause they dont have it, i am gonna get 1 of play.com, friend bought it,loosk good, might get alend of him to kick kdjacs ass first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I use the Logitech controller that looks like a PS2 pad. Works perfectly with PES3.

I also have a PS2 pad and the adapter from play.com.
    I would not recommend this method for PES3. I find with the PS2 pad and adapter the diagnols are very hard to hit. So you try to go diagonally and end up turning 90 degrees instead of 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i got the ps2 to usb connector in Game in Cork for €15. It's the job for all the old megadrive etc. games. works a treat with vice city 2.

Advertisement