Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cutlery - Silver?

Options
  • 13-08-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm new to these boards and hope you can help me.

I've got a canteen of cutlery - either silver or silver plated (I'm guessing the latter). It's marked 'Rogers Bros 1847). Has anyone any idea as to whether this would be worth anything? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Browny

Do you know which pattern you have?

Sometimes when I can't find information throught google, I search eBay instead; you can find some very knowledgeable characters there who may be able to help you, or suggest some sites... if they're not selling almost exactly what you've got already with a full description.

Value will of course depend on silver v plate, age, pattern, etc. I have silver for 8 places with some serving spoons, circa 1950's, that's now worth something like 2,000 (so they say but who really knows!)

Good luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Thanks for your advice Browny. I'll post details if I manage to get some info.

Advertisement