Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doom3 config error, need help.

Options
  • 12-08-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I went into my doom3s doom.config.cfg file to change that seta chace thing, and saved changed. When I went to run doom next it came up saying "Default config not found" on that blue console start up box (they same kinda thing you see in quake 3 at start up). After that it comes up saying that doom3 has caused an error yada yada, and shuts down.

ive tried changing the settings back, no good.
    ive tried moving it out of the folder to see if doom would creat another one, no good.

Im lost for ideas, what I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

How about re-installing after renaming the file? It'd create a fresh config file. As you know, always make a back up of any config file you change before changing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

I'll email you mine if you want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

I know I should have made a copry stupid me, but it seemed like such a basic mod, and this problem doesnt seem to have occured for anybody else that changed it, which is odd...

Does any one have a normal doom.config.cfg file they could send me to see if it works?

Id hate to have to reinstall the whole game..

bump*

Thanks mickfarr

Ill send you pm off addy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Sent it, Let us know if its ok!

:D

• Advertisement

nope no good, still the error :(

Dont know why its doing this.

Looks like a reinstall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

guys how does the command menu work ?

~ that dont work ! ctril+alt and ~ that dont work either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ctrl + alt + ` (button beside 1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

You've just named it wrong by the looks of it so the files not being found. Take the dot out between 'doom' and 'config', it's 'doomconfig.cfg' not 'doom.config.cfg'
    hth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Also if you opened it in Notepad make sure it didn't add .txt to the end aswell. You have to Save-As 'All Files'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement