Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA VC problem

Options
  • 12-08-2004 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

the texture in my gta seem to come and go sometimes there is prefect quality and other times the roads are blank with no texture what so ever and sometimes the bulids look dull and flat u can walk into them but theres nothing in them is just blank :S can someone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are frame limiter and frame sync on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

both are off and i have draw distance on full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

j0e9o wrote:
    both are off and i have draw distance on full

yeah, i tried this also when i got a 9800XT. Same thing happened. Try turning on Frame limiter and leaving off Frame Sync. Should fix it. Wont run as fast though
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

turn frame limiter on.

and try right clicking on the shortcut to the game, choosing properties, compatibility & then selecting win98 compatibility.
    that last one seemed to work for me.

if you're still getting it, try googling for the 1.1 patch (fixes some graphical corruptions.... i'm not sure if it applies to this problem though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

One more problem i have encountered is on the mission race hilary the bestard melts through the ground and stays there till u get to the last red dome thing where u get "mission failed hilary is is dead" and the screen goes black for about 30secs this is where i alt tab and close the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Sounds like it could be a driver problem, try using different drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Two joe90s interesting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's a patch out for Vice City that fixes some graphical problems some people were experiencing with it on windows XP. Also make sure you have XP service pack 1 installed (if you're running XP, naturally).

Advertisement