Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game help please

Options
  • 10-08-2004 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

i have never played a game on line before, right now i'm bored and i want to play Unreal Tournament...what do i have to do? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Welcome to the world of Online Gaming Friend!

I remember my first online gaming experience In DNC. It was 3 or 4 years ago now....I cant live without a daily dose of gaming now! It was Cs_Italy and I got the first kill! :D

Just buy it, install it - then patch it up to the latest version and then play!

Go into to multiplayer , click update and then just pick a good server you like.
    You really should have broadband before playing online games thats if you dont have it.

I play Forgotten Hope myself online, its a mod for Battlefield 1942. I used to play a lot of DoD, some CS ( never really got into it - no skill :rolleyes: )
    played a lot of vanilla bf, some Battlefield Pirates, Desert Combat.

I've played over 500 games of Command & Conquer Generals online, Some Star Wars Galaxies, Medal Of Honour, Blitzkrieg, Call Of Duty, Desert Rats V AfriKa Korps, etc etc

At the moment I'm playing the multiplayer demo of Codename Panzers.

Sorry if I'm waffling a little but It's an addictive and fun hobby ;)

I think I'll go play some right now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well you afto buy it...which if you haven't I wouldn't do yet. Here is a free World War II FPS called Enemy Territory which is IMHO better than Unreal, just download it and you are ready (also get patch). If you dont like the in-game game browser then you can use the All Seeying Eye to find games for you.

<edit> ther are "classes" of soldiers that can do different things/have diff abilities test them out on some big servers (30+ people)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Agree with Offler here, get yourself enemy territory, much better than unreal. If only it would stop crashing my computer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sorry monty ;)

i downloaded enemy territory and got all seeing eye and updated et and all but i've tryed loads of times to connect to servers and just before i get into the game the thing crashes my pc, why and how can i fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Enemy Territory > UT
    UT2004 > Enemy Territory

UT2004 onslaught is bloody addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Battlefield 1942 / Vietnam tbh.

Advertisement