Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda Classic

Options
  • 07-08-2004 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Have I being living under a rock? How did I miss this ?!!?

http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/index.php

This looks like a great time waster! :) I think I will burn the weekend with this. :o

Ok, confess... what do ye think of this project/game ? Wow! The community effort really shows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I've head about it before, but never played it. It looks interesting. I like this :
    If you can imagine it, you can create it (provided it's in 8-bit color).
    :)
    I might give it a whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Just an update on this gem. I installed ZC and tried an addon quest called The Hidden Duality - Directors Cut.

The notes on this are:
    "This is a massive, ambitious project started by DarkFlameWolf several months ago involving 2 massive, complete, complex overworlds and 15 complete, confusing, huge, complex dungeons that will test your sword skills and your mettle. This is a very challenging quest and not for the faint of heart. It deals with hard macro dungeon puzzles and many vague clues and hints to solve hard puzzles along with hordes of enemies to face. This is her fifth and largest quest to date and houses over 150 secrets and 28 HC pieces to find and collect. Consider yourself a champion ZC player if you manage to snag everything this quest has to offer! "

Well, the tileset is very nicely done and can be played in a window. If you do try it... you can run it from the cmdline like:

zelda-w.exe -windowed -res 512 448 big -fast

See the piccie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Grrr windows only mode. The Linux version still isn't public. Grr.

Looks cool though.

Shining Force is another good example and can be run under a linux sega genesis emulator. Works under RedHat anyway. I'll post some shots of this later. Has anyone played this in years gone by? I haven't played it really yet but I do want to get into it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

why did i try this in work? productivity 0% :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i must have been doing something wrong, i kept getting asked for passwords that i didn't have, for what seemed to be an editor, i just wanted to play the third party quests

eyerer wrote:
    i must have been doing something wrong, i kept getting asked for passwords that i didn't have, for what seemed to be an editor, i just wanted to play the third party quests

Did you use zquest-w.exe or zelda-w.exe ?

The editor is zquest-w.exe and the game is zelda-w.exe. When running the game you can select a 3rd party quest using the select button....

Go here and follow what it says to load a 3rd party quest in the game:
    http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/forums.php?PHPSESSID=40846ce77a04f976bf7f9d75ae353460

Regarding passwords, some quests have them when editing them in the editors. Haven't played much with it yet but it maybe the authors. I'm swinging towards Shining Force at the moment. Oh time time time.... :(

Advertisement