Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurogamer Doom 3 review

Options
  • 06-08-2004 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

We all love eurogamer and its reviews , although slow assed they still leading the pack in reviews imo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56256
    0/10 Intro was like Aliens and one of the pics on the walls had the wrong font should have New Roman FFS.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Best review of the game i have seen 9/10 great score as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Doom sucks because I can't feel the pain when my character gets hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Troll! Troll! :p

This is the first review I've read where the reviewer seemed to understand what doom is. Its not about HL2 style gameplay. If only people like R_Tribesman could realise that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Giblet wrote:
    Doom sucks because I can't feel the pain when my character gets hurt.

I can stand behind you with a 2x4 and help with the immersion... :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ciaran500 wrote:
    If only people like R_Tribesman could realise that. :rolleyes:

errr, that comment probably wasn't needed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think it was, Tribesman didin't seem to understand that it's a doom game and doom is what to expect from it. Not a realistic game or a game with revolutionary gameplay. But a straight forward, back to basic's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I think it was, Tribesman didin't seem to understand that it's a doom game and doom is what to expect from it. Not a realistic game or a game with revolutionary gameplay. But a straight forward, back to basic's game.

Give this man a medel ! he speaks the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

Exactly!

Ciaran captures the essence of my thread. Its debatable wether or not doom3 was good,wether or not it was supposed to be just a basic game. However the thread just got a bit full of fools talkin crap :/ I would like to see it locked because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS WAY HNNNGH! ;)

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I guess it depends if you got a game like tetris and then enhanced tetris. Some would be happy if it just looked nicer but was exactly the same. Whereas others would like something new about the gameplay. Horses for courses. I could argue that well enhanced tetris is just tetris. But that doesn't mean I can't wish for some new twist to the gamplay, and then be disappointed if the developer decided not to go that route.

The 2nd point is that this a forum for discussing games. And if you can't discuss a game with out people name calling and being offensive, then its not really a forum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Exactly!

Ciaran captures the essence of my thread. Its debatable wether or not doom3 was good,wether or not it was supposed to be just a basic game. However the thread just got a bit full of fools talkin crap :/ I would like to see it locked because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS WAY HNNNGH! ;)

We lock threads, or give out bans, when people start calling others fools. Could you please stop asking for threads to be locked in threads – if you see something braking the rules of the charter, use the report system – abuse it and get banned.

Why did you not start by saying you don't like Doom-style gameplay - after saying that it's a bit like someone who doesn’t RTS games saying they don’t like C&C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

To pass off Doom 3 as just Doom 1&2 updated is stupid, especially when you haven't played it. I have just completed it, IMO, it was better than any single player FPS I have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Doom 3 kicks *arse*

Best FPS I've ever played, it's an amazing game. Gameplay is so well polished and graphics are like a movie.

Brilliant, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/469881.asp

[ya can find all the reviews of the game here]

It currently has an average ranking of 92%.

Advertisement