Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a Doom 3 Forum?

Options
  • 04-08-2004 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Seeing as though some of us have acquired doom from wherever and the fact that the game is going to be going live in a matter of days, is it not time to open a Doom 3 forum. At least to keep all the doom 3 related crap out of here.

My 2 cents on the game,

Runs a bit slow, but playable most of the time @ 800x600 low quality on my P4 1.7 with 512mb of 266mhz DDR and a Geforce 4 Mx-440.
    Pretty much smooth @ 640x480 low quality and still pretty playable at medium quality at that res.

Great game I think, excellent atmosphere. ****tin myself since I started playin it last night. Cant wait to see it on the higer res's and quality settings tho.
    An upgrade is still definatly on the cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

A very good idea, esp since it's going to be so big. There will most likely be numerous threads about many different aspects of the game/engine/graphics/mods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

ppreflex.gif

too soon to tell if its necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It'll blow over once everyone has the game. No need for a seperate forum. It'll just end up dead in 2 or 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

koneko wrote:
    It'll blow over once everyone has the game. No need for a seperate forum. It'll just end up dead in 2 or 3 months.
    Might be an idea to roll the Quake, Unreal, Wolfenstein and Half-Life boards into one 3D shooter board or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Maybe make the quake board a Quake/Doom board. Half-Life is probably going to see some activity when HL2 comes out (or if people would post their HL/HL2 threads there rather than on the games board :rolleyes:). Unreal is fairly active now (especially since they've started releasing yearly versions of UT). Can't say I'm familiar with the wolfenstein board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Maybe make a FPS forum but its not needed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i agree with the doom/quake idea.

wasn't there a doom board here before and it got shut down cos no one used it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

No, never.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I suggested this earlier in the "forums" forum...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178113

and the answer was "no, not yet, too soon to say".

I had the same attitude on the board I run (2000+) members until the games lounge was awashed with DOOM threads so I created a temp folder just to keep things tidy. If in a month it isn't needed anymore I'll just remove it. Or else it'll stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Christ, does anybody read the charter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What charter?

By the way, did anybody see The Glimmer Man last night? What a terrible film, though I loved the bit at the end where it turned out he was a woman sent back through time. If you haven't seen it, why not download it illegally from www.warezrtehwin.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What charter?
    This charter. I believe some people may have forgotten about Dre.
    By the way, did anybody see The Glimmer Man last night? What a terrible film, though I loved the bit at the end where it turned out he was a woman sent back through time. If you haven't seen it, why not download it illegally from www.warezrtehwin.com.

In the version I have it turned out he was yore ma. She doesn't have many lines but says you're a catch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement