Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ATI drivers specifically for Doom III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<mr. burns> Excellent </mr. burns>
    Wonder if this is their new OpenGL driver I've been hearing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

there the 4,9 betas the reviewers have used to test doom 3

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I installed them last night, ran a few benchmarks @ 1024x768 on ultra and the results were negligible, and increase from 41.5fps to 41.6fps and I ran it a few times to make sure.

This is going from 4.8's to 4.9's though. Maybe >4.8 would see a more significant increase. But I had hoped for more...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

BeatFreak wrote:
    I installed them last night, ran a few benchmarks @ 1024x768 on ultra and the results were negligible, and increase from 41.5fps to 41.6fps and I ran it a few times to make sure.

This is going from 4.8's to 4.9's though. Maybe >4.8 would see a more significant increase. But I had hoped for more...

I presume you were testing Doom3 yeah?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Yup T'was Doom3, sorry forgot to mention that.

I hear the drivers only make a significant difference with the X800 series and not the 9800 series :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ne point of me installing it, 9600 !?
    ne one else install this ? ne boost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I installed it. No benchmarks, but the framerates 'feel' a bit better.
    edit: 128MB 9800 pro

Advertisement