Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom3 already leaked...

Options
  • 01-08-2004 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,129 ✭✭✭

According to Eurogamer Doom3 ISO's have been leaked already, with people reporting 27,000 people currently downloading it via bit torrent.

I wonder if too much hype can be a bad thing, resulting in that amount of pirates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Nothing new here. Every game that hits retail is available for download, sometimes even before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Most of them might still buy it, if they want working keys that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I intend to buy it when it outs until then......

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whats the system requirements?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

KdjaC wrote:
    I intend to buy it when it outs until then......

kdjac

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zetsuei

evad_lhorg wrote:
    whats the system requirements?????
    Minimum:
    P4 1.5Ghz CPU (or equivalent).
    384MB of RAM.
    64MB graphics card
    2GB of free hard drive space.

Lowest supported GPU is a Geforce 4 MX (worse than Geforce 3).
    Supported cards:
    GF 4 MX.
    GF 3.
    GF 4.
    GF FX (and higher).
    Radeon 8500s, 9000s and higher.

according to id.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Ill buy it regardless. Might have a peek before then..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

For some reason, I still have an aversion to software piracy. Maybe its because I think the games industry is more hard-working and honest than the music industry. Maybe its because I'm a software developer. I'll be buying it as soon as I can get my hands on it in a retail outlet.

Ah I can run it so. with lots of power left over,

Although I wasnt really a fan of the other doom games.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

I'm grabbing it just now - purely to evaluate its performance on my machine of course. If it's as sh*t hot as they say I'd have no problems forking out for a kosher copy on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

mr_angry wrote:
    For some reason, I still have an aversion to software piracy. Maybe its because I think the games industry is more hard-working and honest than the music industry. Maybe its because I'm a software developer. I'll be buying it as soon as I can get my hands on it in a retail outlet.

It's because ur a software developer and you wouldn't like ur blood sweat n tears being download by some spotty teenager, just because the "graphics r k3wl"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mr_angry wrote:

Qualified to be a Software Developer!! :p

Anyway, I have ordered it from the web and was invoiced today. I will be downloading in it so I can play it until it arrives..

If I download the isos how can I play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

evad_lhorg wrote:
    If I download the isos how can I play it?

Ah now, none of that talk around these parts...

How would you normally play a game though? Install the data FROM THE CD and then run the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

in all fairness this was inevitable. If it hadn't been warez before the release then it deffo would be up on the day.

I'm gonna download the game, and im gonna play it. And if its worthy of purchase then it shall be done so.

As someone said to me, serves them right for not releasing a demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Already purchased (well pre-ordered) but was hoping i could get a sneak peak before as im really lookin forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Personally I download games as the demos don't give me the full story of a game. If I like it, I'll buy it, if not I'll delete it. No loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How can you wait?? I can't stay put for 12 days when I know I can get it now - so I do, there is so much hype around this game even my sis wants to see this. I just hope that it lives up to the press build-up :cool: I think it will - I'll find out in 5 hours :p. Has anyone seen the American Boxes!!!, they look really well designed us poor sobs in EIRE are getting cheap DVD cases:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You people have no self control :p im more than willing to wait the few days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Nothing new here. Every game that hits retail is available for download, sometimes even before.

Aways before retail release, usually 2 weeks before because thats when the distrabution starts in preperation for the shop release. I see the manual is got released as well with is unuasual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got it! sshhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ill wait, ive waited 4 years, whats another week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

L5 wrote:
    Ill wait, ive waited 4 years, whats another week!

That and 3 CD's will take days even on DSL ;)

Rew wrote:
    That and 3 CD's will take days even on DSL ;)

days on DSL??? nah mate hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

hours? for one and a half gigs? not on 512/128 even with 50k/s speeds youd be more than "hours"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

If anyone wants a sneak peak at the game, i have the manual, if ya want a looksy. Bunch of big pics showing all the pages etc..

get it from [insert link to copyrighted material here]

be sure to rename to .rar

It would take ya approx about 9hrs to get it on broadband so i should have it (as a sneak preview of course) by the time i come in from work tonight :D

i got it at steady rates from newsgroups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I don't have BB at home, so I'm going to wait and see. If it's any good, I'll buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

When I checked at 4pm it was closer to 45000, on suprnova alone.

Has to be well over 100k overall..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement