Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FarCry Patch 1.2 now available

Options
  • 22-07-2004 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

FarCry 1.2 Retail Patch has just been released here:

FarCry 1.2 Patch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just as a note to ppl using audigy cards,you will have to uninstall farcry then re-install it and apply JUST the 1.2 patch or else your sound wont work at all,dont think 1.2 will support older savegames either :dunno:

Running and stamina speed has increased a lot,it's much better now,also the rocket lancher has to reload after every shot :D ...also the OICW can only have 3 nades loaded instead of 5...which should stop a lot of nadespamming.

Dont know if performance is increased with the patch yet.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Oooh sounds good, WTF about the Audigy thing... FFS :( THATS a DAMN dvd game to reinstall ARGH

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

FFS THATS a DAMN dvd game to reinstall ARGH

wtf?

uninstall

insert disc

install

how hard is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

It's Blue-Wing Stephen.....he hasn'g yet figured it out.....give him time and i'm suer he'll figure it out :P.......some day BW, some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Doesnt really look like a necessary patch unless you use multiplayer. (They fixed all the big bugs in 1.1 :) )

I am on last level of single player so won't bother installing it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Installed the patch this morning and got a small boost of 8-10fps .Nothing major i know , but every little helps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

And, uh, does it have the long sought after quicksave functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

just use the console - /save_game name
    once you type it once you can just press arrow up to get it again and again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

any one fancy mirroring it in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I would, but a disk in our server died :/

And can't mirror it in work, it's not really appropriate material :)

Poke the maths.tcd.ie crowd. They like to show off their gig connection.
    Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

eh... 65MB and no quick save function???

apparently it would be too much work integrating a quick save feature in the game... expect it in the next patch release.

i'm not up the programming side of things, but isn't quicksave just an alias and a keybind?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

ftp://ftp.playerofgames.com/pub/patches/farcry/farcry12patch.zip

should be able to download it from there.

Ro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

They said it was to do with the AI which would be difficult to "save" in a single state, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I have an audigy card and I didnt need to uninstall the game. I just install the patch and everything work fine.
    Was playing on a private server yesterday and there was no change to the Rocket Launchers or OICW which is weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

have they finaly released a linux server version?
    was very stupid to release the game with out a linux server option
    its no suprise it hasnt realy taken off as a multiplayer game

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Far Cry v1.2 patch withdrawn

"Far Cry patch 1.2 has shown unexpected behavior on specific hardware configurations. These matters are mainly due to incompatibilities with several optimizations brought lately to the code, with the intent to please a large number of users.

We’re currently asking Crytek to work on delivering a new patch as soon as possible. Until then we have decided to remove the patch 1.2 from the official Ubisoft websites."

Advertisement