Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiderman 2

Options
  • 21-07-2004 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Very suprisingly, this game is incredibly enjoyable!

have played about 8hrs of it so far on the ps2. The gameplay is fantastic, although a lot of the missions are tedious. Crooks are stealing x and when you beat x amount of them, x amount gets in a car and you have to chase the car and smash it in. Oddly enough, doing no visual damage. Of course, its completly optional whether you want to do these missions or not, but its the easiest way to earn hero pts.

The voiceovers, bar Kirsten Dunst, Tobey Maguire and Alfred Molina, are very very poor. Jameson makes me cringe, and the townsfolk are... Just very very bad.

An interesting aspect, is that they decided to throw an entirely new storyline into it. Although everything from the movie is still there (as far as I've seen), the addition of Black Cat, Rhino man, Mysterio, Shocker etc, makes for a good nostalgic adventure. Anyone remember Maximum Carnage? Although I dont remember Black Cat looking that... never mind.

The whole free-role thing of it is brilliant. Its like vice city with spiderman. And no being evil. You can do pizza delivery jobs, photography jobs for the bugle, or just websling around new york until you get bored. Which takes suprisingly long.

If you havent already, get a copy.
    And not for the PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why not for the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The pc version is totally differant to the console versions....the pc version is more of a kid's game.

From IGN :

"Spider-Man 2 for the PC is a piece of crap. If you want a real Spider-Man 2 game, go pick up one of the console versions"

:D

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have IT for my Xbox picked it up on Monday but haven't had a chance to even play it yet, looking forward to it though.

I picked up the Xbox version as I heard that it had much less pop-up and better graphics than the PS2 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got it on the Xbox. It's decent if overly repetitive and the dificulty level goes through lots of troughs and spikes (especially the boss battles.) Still, at least it's better than the god-awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The PC Version is a holy joke

• Advertisement

Oh man tell me you are joking. Thats so backwards. The pc version a kids game? Thats absolutely insane. :mad:

Originally posted by cheesedude
    Oh man tell me you are joking. Thats so backwards. The pc version a kids game? Thats absolutely insane. :mad:

Theres this guy that talks to you as if you are a 2 year old kid telling you of your cool "Spidey Powers", you even just limited to swinging on these "hot spots" on the sky and that sucks, maybe someone who played it fully could enlighten us because i only spent 5 minutes playing it , and was disgusted so i said fk this got better things to do

That really is ridiculous. Every review site I have seen goes on about those ridiculous hot spots and how **** the thing is. What a let down.

Any talk of the console one coming to pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by cheesedude
    That really is ridiculous. Every review site I have seen goes on about those ridiculous hot spots and how **** the thing is. What a let down.

Any talk of the console one coming to pc?

Afraid it's true. PC version is muck. In fact it's not even as good as the first one on PC and that was muck as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I've played the PC version. Its like they took the console version... Then molested it...then doused it in petrol, set a match to it, threw it off a cliff...Then ran over it several times in a car. Then in a bus. And then in a tank. Then they spat on it.

Really, you dont want to play it. I mean for gods sake, a tutorial on how to beat the bosses before you fight them. What were they thinking?

Just finished the spiderman2 storyline. Have to say it was very gripping. A few alterations from the movie of course, but nothing too drastic.

About 20hrs into it now, and its more enjoyable than ever now without a storyline to follow, really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Originally posted by Tellox
    I've played the PC version. Its like they took the console version... Then molested it...then doused it in petrol, set a match to it, threw it off a cliff...Then ran over it several times in a car. Then in a bus. And then in a tank. Then they spat on it.

Really, you dont want to play it. I mean for gods sake, a tutorial on how to beat the bosses before you fight them. What were they thinking?

According to Aertel, its a kiddies version...

Originally posted by doodle_sketch
    According to Aertel, its a kiddies version...

its the only version for pc :( they should make the PS2 version for pc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I liked it. But once you finish the storyline, it becomes tedious. Better then Spider-man the movie game, but not as good as the ol' PSX original. Needs venom and carnage.

Advertisement