Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 Pre-Order at Xtravision

Options
  • 20-07-2004 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I placed my pre-order for Halo 2 at Xtra Vision as they had a big sign up saying they were taking pre-orders, normally I would buy and pre-order from game for the points but I have noticed that xtravision are aggressively pricing games at the moment.

Examples being Driv3r & James Bond:Everything or Nothing both priced at €59.99 in Game Yet Xtra-Vision has Driv3r for 49.99 and EorN for 40.

I put down a €5 deposit for the Special Edition Version of Halo2 (€1 Deposit for Normal Version). Which will insure that as soon as the game arrives I will get my copy.

Anyone else preordered yet and are looking forward to the game, it looks really good.

The weekly updates on the game progress on www.bungie.net is really cool, plus it looks like it will be on time, unlike Doom3 and Half Life 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the game isn't on time. If it was I would have played it, beaten it and then played it til I was sick of it last year.

Looking forward to this game though. Not preordering it though. Its more fun legging it into town on Friday during college to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

True the game is late although the date now is november the 11th. Hopefully it will be out then.

Ah the college years, sadly these are way behind me now, so i will be trying to lock myself in a room away from my family for a few hours to play halo 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I might get Halo 2 depending on if im still playing on Xbox Live... its just way to laggy for 512up/128down especially on american servers... so im probobly going to stay away from it and get something like Half-Life 2 or Dom 3 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Which BB provider are you using on Xbox Live DrMorphine I use EASTBT IOLBB only got it recently on the 3 months free trial but the service i get is great.

Only once did i experience lags on Midtown Madness 3 but at the time the whole IOLBB was experioencing problems.

I play MM3, TOCA2 and Rainbow Six 3 online and always have a good connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Eircom, I only play on 16 player servers and its not racing games... there fine but im a FPS player and on games such as counter-strike and RBS3 lag, like bullet lag when i shoot and bullets dont hit some1 for a second after and bullet reg where half of my bullets dont hit some1 point blank etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its a shame that rainbow six on xbox live is as laggy as a game can get, ping always feels like 300+:( Also the servers mainly seem to be american or at least the ones i get in my list.

havent had laggy problems with other xbox live games.

Advertisement