Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Console Do You Own

Options
  • 20-07-2004 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity which games consoles of the current generation do you own.

I own all three, my Gamecube being the most neglected and probably going to trade it in soon, my PS2 in use but not as much as my Xbox which I only succumbed to buying last Xmas.

Now its the one I play most and is the one I am most likely to purchase a game for especially if it is a multi format release.

Which Console Do You Own 108 votes

Microsoft Xbox
    0% 0 votes
    Sony Playstation 2
    22% 24 votes
    Nintendo Gamecube
    27% 30 votes
    Two of the Above
    32% 35 votes
    All Three
    17% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have a PS2 but i never use it. I much prefer my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

i think i own every console on the market right now;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I ticked all 5 boxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I also have a High end PC well it was a year ago, but i never play that many game son it, except of course Half Life, Black Hawk Down, & some other FPS and the odd Sim Game, but in my opinion you can't beat a consol for ease of use and jsut slapping a game in and off you go.

I am also trialing Xbox Live at the moment and its quite good, midtown madness is a blast online, and Toca Race Driver 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

All three of the above plus an old-skool NES :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

games i currently play on the PC:

Vice City (again!) haven't played it in a few months, but its extra sexy now with my new gfx card.
    Unreal Tournament 2004 + mods
    Far Cry

And i have of course pre ordered Doom3.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭clearz

Originally posted by Stephen
    I have a PS2 but i never use it. I much prefer my PC.

Same Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I have owned a ps2 since it came out and play it now and again but mostly I play the PC, however I recently bought a gamecube second hand and I think the games on that are excellent totally different games from the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I own all three (with a JAP/US GameCube thrown in there too). In all truth, the Xbox has made me its bitch, something I never would have believed two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I am a big pc gamer and have been for the last 5 years or so but I bought a gamecube on saturday and i reckon its the bee's nee's I have mario kart metroid prime these games are savage. Gamecube #1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have a PS2, been neglecting it latley but recently picked up the pad for the ol Burnout 2 and was looking very square after a few days realised i was playing at a 4:3 screen ratio - doh, great game, check it out.

I prefer pc Over everything, but i feel ive made a mistake getting a ps2, should have gotten an X box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

Im with you -oRnein9-, Im really supprised at the quality of gamecube games and the sheer playability.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I would never have believed either that the xbox would be so addictive I resisted for a long time as i didnt want to buy microsoft, but as nekkidman says the xbox has made me its bitch too, and live just kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Two x-boxen, 1 ps2 and an Atari Jaguar. Seriously like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by amp
    Two x-boxen, 1 ps2 and an Atari Jaguar. Seriously like.
    you should revoke your modship tbh.
    2 eggbox and no gamecube?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

All of the above, but I'm playing this PC thing more at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have a PS2 and Gamecube.
    Been considering an XBOX too recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

What a shock Gamecube is winning the poll own a gamecube and PC Call OF DUTY on the PC is class :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cube and a crappy PC. Have played nothing but Metroid Prime for 4 months when playing on my own, and had a rather interesting experience playing SSBM last weekend... Have about 20 games in total. I've also got a GBA SP and about 10 games for that. Just got Castlevania at the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Have a Gamecube and PS2, both not used much but a recent renewed interest in pikmin means my cube's getting loads of attention......the PS2 is nothing more than a spare dvd player since vice city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I have two ps2s. I bought one when they came out but laser gone a bit wonky in it so bought a new one in Oz and had it chipped. Due to it being chipped i use it quite a bit as now i have a large selection of games :)

Use the old pc a bit as well but mainly for fps or online gaming (COD/BF:V).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I was about to ignore the entire poll until I remembered I have an X-Box! It just sits there doing nothing - I haven't touched it since finishing that horrendous tripe Halo (man that was boring!) Thankfully I won it in a competition so I didn't pay for it - otherwise I'd be pissed:p a PC will kick the crap out of a console any day, any time:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have all 3 and a fairly decent PC. And an atari jaguar.

Don't play the xbox much except for Panzer Dragoon Orta and a bit of Halo. Have to get it chipped and get ninja gaiden before I make up my mind about it. Currently its not great unless you chip it.

The Gamecube is a great machine with brilliant games on it. Unfortunately there just isn't enough of the games at the moment. However your not a real gamer without one. Thers no excuse for not playing Metroid Prime

PS2 I played so much that I wore the laser out. Currently trying to get through to dvdireland on the phone to get it fixed. Lots of great games on it although i admit I play more PS1 games on it than PS2 games.

When I bought my Pc there was nothing I wanted to play on it for a whole year. Considered not upgrading it but did any way. Thank god I did. Just after I upgraded the quality games started appearing again. And it looks like it will on get better in the near future.

Currently my Favourite is the GBA. Due to not having enough money to fuel my addiction to games I've had to take the only summer job I could get which involves just nightshifts and games are relagated to weekends. However i'm able to sneak a few games with my GBA depending on where I am and its the only thing that keeps me awake on the train and stops me ending up in dundalk. I've a renewed love for FF tactics advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

That's mad, the GC is winnig the poll. I've got that and a (80 gig) X-Box ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I have an X-Box and a PS2 but no job so don't have money for new games so I rarely play either, although I have found myself playing PES3 again on the PS2. But overall I think I enjoy console gaming more but recently its been FPS's and Championship Manager all the way.

Originally posted by tman
    you should revoke your modship tbh.
    2 eggbox and no gamecube?

I know, I know, I feel the guilt of not having one, and I probably will get one, but only after I upgrade my PC's graphics card first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Have all 3 and a fairly decent PC. And an atari jaguar.
    atari jaguar wow that hard core nice one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was only joking about the jaguar.

I wasn't. Mind you I don't have any games for it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Modded 200gb Xbox + warez gg ;)

Advertisement