Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Buy: Spiderman2/RedDeadRevolver/Driver3/Onimusha3?

Options
  • 18-07-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spider Man 2. Red Dead Revolver. Driver 3. Onimusha 3?

I figure I got time to play one of these games. Which is most worth its buck? Which of these have any of you played? Any reviews would be helpful.

-Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Dont touch Driver3

RedDeadRevolver is average

Onimusha 3 - great game

Spidey2 - good, not as good as Oni3

check out http://ps2.ign.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by bazH
    Dont touch Driver3

I concur.

Out of the list, I'd probably get Spider-man 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Driver 3/10 should be avoided alright. Unless Atari pay me to review it in which case it's the most polished and playable title I've played this year.

I quite like Red Dead Revolver. It's got a great atmosphere.

Onimusha 3 isn't bad. There's nothing much to it that wasn't in the first game though.

Haven't played Spidey 2 yet. I've heard very good things. I'd probably go with that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i just popped in to say don't buy driver 3
    and i wouldn't go for spiderman 2 either

the other 2 are supposed to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Like the others have said stay away from Driv3r.

I haven't played red dead yet so can't give my view.

Onimusha 3 is a very good game. Better than the first two so if ya liked them ya love this.

Spiderman 2 is also well recommened. Kinda like GTA in the freedom it give ya, big city to explore with a little story but lots of side quests.

I'd go for oni or spider with a preference towards onimusha 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

driv3er is pure evil. stay away...

red dead is quite cool, great old skool effects, playable, great music.

haven played other two

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have Spiderman 2 for the Xbox it's good driv3r is nto supposed to be that great plus at the moment.

If you have a GAME reward card you can buy Spiderman 2 in GAME in Blanchardstown for €40. Which is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I bought Spider-man 2 and Red Dead Revolver.

Both were very good, really good ol' console games. However, out of the two, I personally prefair Red Dead. IT reminds me of old fashioned non-linear games. While it lacks some freedom, it pulls of a great story and fantastic atmosphere. Something to relax to after a days work. Really stylish too. This is probably a biased opinion tho, seeing as I love Sergio Leone movies and Clint Eastwood. :P

Spiderman 2 was good, but got extremely tedious after you finish the storyline missions. It needed something extra, like the first spiderman game for PSX - i.e: extra costumes and upgrades. Something that will keep you playing for longer. The only thing Spiderman 2 offered was to upgrade to level 8 websling. Which takes fantasticly long and was fantasticly not worth it. Aside from that, I really liked the freedome of the city, and the fact that as you get better at websling it becomes EXTREMELY addictive. The graphics could've been polished up a bit honestly.

-ak

Advertisement