Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh!!!!!

Options
  • 16-07-2004 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I bought F Zero for GC yesterday and after playing all morning I just can't win the 3rd scenario in story mode.... I must be an EXPERT on the course, I've played it like 90 times, I do everything flawless, jumping corners et al... I just can't come first...

Is there some sort of secret? Like a secret boost at the beginning? I rarely break on the map but it seems fine cos I'm not crashing and it seems to slow me down...

ITS. SO. HARD!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres lots of scenarios , are you doing what you meant to be doing or trying to win the race?

Cant member the scenarios but i know that you have to do simfin rather than win like collect the flags etc:

yes they are damn hard.
    kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You just have to come first in that race. The story mode is bastard hard. Theres also hard and expert modes after you beat each chapter. My only advice is to stick with it and use a bar of soap to wash out your mouth. Your tv and gamecube are going to receive a lot of verbal abuse. I'm stuck on the story mode but much furtheron if that makes you happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah, I've got to come first in the race for the old guy as capt falcon. My problem is that the other racers are just too damn good. I'm doing practically perfect races.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You need to use the jumps to skip the corners. Hit every boost pad and boost before each jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yeah and make sure your acceleration is high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Really? I tend to lean towards Top speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yeah so did I until i dropped down towards accel. over top speed and won. You need the superior acceleration when you come out onto the home straight on the last lap.

Advertisement