Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSXR Kart

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

F*CKIN HELL!!!!

thats some kart.. bloody hell man, do ya have a death wish?

You would need a runway to get the full speed of that and then you would need
    some sort of spoiler etc to keep you from going airborne.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, anthin over 140 and you need wings to be safe. Wrong bump can cause, erm, issues!

nice machine, id like to build a twin seater, twin engine version!

[random trivia] a 250cc racing kart is 6 seconds a lap faster than an f1 car arounf monaco! [/random trivia]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

a 250cc racing kart is 6 seconds a lap faster than an f1 car arounf monaco!

Are you sure?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Id say so for a number of reasons:

Power to weight ratio for a kart would be a fair bit higher than that of the Fi car.

The kart wouldnt be anywhere near as big as an f1 car so would have shorter
    braking distances

The size difference would mean the kart has more track to play with and on the exit
    from bends the driver could put the foot down earlier and have faster exiting speeds
    which in Monte Carlo would make a much bigger difference compared to some of the
    other tracks where straight line speed is a bigger factor..

So all in all it does sound very plausible..

It would be interesting to see it in action tho..

What would karts top speed be anyway?

Tox

its moreso the lack of mass and the ability to use extremely sticky compound tyres as a result.

also, the kart only has to put 90-100BHP down on the road

top speed, is about 185 at silverstone AFAIK, at Mondello, 140 on the national circuit. 53.39s set in 1996 ( i think) still stands as the record on that circuit, second only to an f1 car. Even the 100CC karts get around in about 59s.

they are pretty good to watch. Karts have been prettymuch stopped at Mondello know due to insurance reasons. I think the 250 class is trying to tie in with bike racing so they can race again.

Best part is.... you could pick up a 250 kart for about €2500. not bad for 0-60 in 2.8secs! Quarter mile under 9s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I'd imagine the kart beat a F1 around monaco because of it's tiny size and handling, they're isn't alot of stuff that goes around corners and has a better power to weight than a F1 car,

Originally posted by SouperComputer
    Best part is.... you could pick up a 250 kart for about ?2500. not bad for 0-60 in 2.8secs! Quarter mile under 9s

Yeah im seriously thinkin about indulging and buying myself a kart and go racing..
    There is racing in Kiltorcan in Ballyhale this weekend so going to have a look.. then
    make up my mind.. any advice on whats a good class to start in?
    125's, Rotax or what?

Tox

depends tox, on your budget. I used to race FA a couple of years ago, that was a crazy money class.

max is okay, but dont be fooled into thinking its "cheap". The electric starter is great for a beginner though.

125 gearbox gives great bang for buck. Laptimes around mondello are around the 56's in those.

if you are on a really tight budget, or want low hassle racing, Prokarts are as cheap as chips to run at the front.

its a great sport to get into though.

you should head down to the race alright. talk to people in the various classes you are interested in. The vas majority will be more than happy to have a chat.

if you like I can PM you a few numbers of people you can get in touch with.

Went to have a look at the karting, most impressed to be honest.

I got a list of a few sites and such to check out and I can see that you wouldnt want
    to be on a limited budget alright...

Ive sent you a pm with a few questions..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

I think... i just wet myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

crazy krauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

ToxicPaddy,

If you're serious about getting into this, I have a 125 gearbox that I might want to off-load.

It's no spring chicken, needs a lot of TLC and won't win you any races, but it's perfect for starting out.

hey swamp, PM me the stats on that gear, wouldnt mind a change from FA!

Advertisement