Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if you were groundhogged!

Options
  • 20-04-2004 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

watched groundhog day last nite, and was wondering if the same thing were to happen to you, what day would you pick for it to happen. ie, what day of your life thus far would you like to live over and over and over and over and over and over... well, you get the idea. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i think the point of that movie was that the day he had to live over and over again was on the crappy side of ordinary, and he just had to make the best of what he got. it'd be pointless to pick the best day, cos that's no challenge - you'd just get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    i think the point of that movie was that the day he had to live over and over again was on the crappy side of ordinary, and he just had to make the best of what he got. it'd be pointless to pick the best day, cos that's no challenge - you'd just get bored.

Good point, you would get bored if it went on forever. The underlying theme in Groundhog Day seems to be that Phil changes from a cynical self-centered guy to someone who cares about people (the old ladies with the flat tyre, the kid in the tree etc) and he manages to get the girl he wants in the process. As soon as he meets his goals, the day is over.
    A groundhog day where you had an aim and as soon as you achieved it then time would go on again as normal. I'd like to go back to a day last year when I finally scored this lovely guy I'd been after for months. I managed to make a mess of it and I regret it ever since so I wouldn't mind a few more attempts at the same day til I got it right. :p:p

Advertisement