Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Live!- Irish Computer Mag or Copycats?

Options
  • 20-04-2004 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

-Copied-

Was just looking through an old PC Live, probably Sept or Oct 2003. Hadn't read it before so I decided to give it a flick through. One of the articles "How to upgrade your hardware" started to look VERY familiar. I remember reading it before in the States in the summer. It was exactly the same, right down to 'forgetting to take the cd out of the cd drive until after it was removed'. I looked to see who wrote it- no author and no reference to PC Magazine or whatever mag I saw it in. In fact, I very rarely see authors of any articles like they do in PC Format or PC Gamer.

So what is the story? Are PC Live "The Irish PC Magazine" or are they just an American copy with an Irish look? Passing off such articles as their own is fairly lame. They are letting people think that they have much more expertise than they actually do. For a monthly publication, no matter how small, an article on hardware upgrading is a piece of piss. What reason did they have for not doing it themselves?

BTW. Fair play to them for getting rid of the cover disk and dropping the price. The cover disk was always a load of crap anyway.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

prolly some freelance writer flogging his/her article to as many publishers as possible.

My Misses buys those Country Home/ House Beautifull kind of magazines, she says that quite a few of the photos in the mags are the same house/room just from different angles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Nah, just a pile of crap.

Advertisement