Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLAY.com where are they shipping from

Options
  • 19-04-2004 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

PLAY.com where are they shipping from and how long does it take once dispatched?

I know CD Wow dispatch from Asia somewhere and it akes about a week but do play ship from the UK

Anyone have any preferences as i always thought cd wow were better and cheaper but had a look at play on sunday and they have some good deals esp witht he free shipping perk!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Play ship from Jersey afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Eye

well i could be wrong on this now but most of their stuff seems to ship from brussels.

or at least most of the region 2 dvd'd and cd's i've gotten in the past have done anyway, odly enough i think some of the region 1 dvd's come in from jersey...probably to do with v.a.t or lack of it over there ;)

shipping is usually pretty quick, if something is dispatched on a monday you should have it by about thursday or friday at the latest, unless of course there are more postal strikes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've just bought four DVDs, and all were cheaper from CD Wow than from Play.

Make sure you check all the CD Wow sites before you buy anything, and use http://xe.com/ to check how much the € cost will be.

www.cdwow.ie (obvious really)
    www.cdwow.com (UK site, but will allow you to select the currency in € just before you input your CC details)
    www.cdwow.net (German/US site, I saved approx €8 by buying The West Wing season 3 from them than from Play)
    www.cd-wow.com.hk (Hong Kong site)

Two of the DVDs I got from the UK site, and two from Hong Kong. Play was much more expensive, I reckon I saved a tenner overall on their prices. Still a great shop for CDs though.

All CD Wow goods ship from the same place (though my last shipment came through Sweden!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I hate to tell you that www.xe.com is rather dodgy, as each bank will buy and sell differently....

John

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Lump
    I hate to tell you that www.xe.com is rather dodgy, as each bank will buy and sell differently....

John

Never been much more than about 20/30 cent out for me so far...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most of cdwows european stuff comes from Sweden now and i find them faster then play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Play ship from Jersey to avoid charging VAT to EU destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, anything i've ordered off play came from jersey - after about 8 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

any dvds or games ive ordered from play come from jersey...

any cds ive ordered always come from brussels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

got my dvd this morning (finally) and it said Jersey on the envelope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

how long were you waiting mossy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

about 3 weeks. it was that postal strike in Dublin :mad: i had to collect from the post depot aswell because my postman wont put it through my letterbox :mad: :mad:

good old An Post, where would we be without them :mad: :mad:

Advertisement