Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incy Wincy Spider.......

Options
  • 16-04-2004 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

got this in an email in work... i dont think ill be paying Iraq a visit anytime soon....

They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come
    out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected
    with Novocaine so you go numb instantly. You don't even know you are
    bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm
    missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a
    shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will
    instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.
    PS.These are Spiders
    found daily in IRAQ by our troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of
    these b@st@rds in your tent!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

they kinda look like the facehuggers from alien. u sure its not a windup? they look dam big.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Camel Spiders. There not actually as big as that one looks in the photo. They're about the size of your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

and in that picture, there are actually two of them stuck together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

excellent.. its not "terrorist" muslims they're fighting its just hollywood making starship troopers 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

yeah just found that link... apparently that is one spider eating another one.... nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Third_Echelon
    It will
    instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.
    ****ing hell!
    big spiders are freaky enough. but big spiders that scream while chasing you???

they don't scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

If you look closely at that picture, notice the guy's arm to the very right of the picture and how close it is to the camera. That's the guy who's holding the spiders, and so obviously they're very close to the camera too. In other words, they're about as big as someone's hand.

• Advertisement

thats big...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well if americans are still looking for reasons to get out of Iraq after that they deserve everything they get!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah, got that mail too. When I saw it first I thought they were huge, but if you look at the picture closely you can see that they only appear big because they are held quite close to the camera (look at the guy's hand and sleeve in the top right hand corner). Still I wouldn't like to see one in me sleeping bag!! eurgghh!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Lol that is some scary ****. Can you imagine if they did chase you and when they ran it was screaming? lol Those things are ****ing ugleh! Freak spiders.. did someone waste some toxic **** over there years ago? damn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by neoB
    Lol that is some scary ****. Can you imagine if they did chase you and when they ran it was screaming? lol Those things are ****ing ugleh! Freak spiders.. did someone waste some toxic **** over there years ago? damn..

Too right, it gives me the chills just looking at the picture!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

OMFG !!! Freaks ! Freaks with eight legs !!! Eight Legged Freaks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

give the little bastards some a dis:

flamethrower-intro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

give the little bastards some a dis:

Let the stupid Americans think of a solution for them selves.
    Dont be giving them any good ideas...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

God I hate spiders, those two eating each other in that picture still look fairly big. I'm never ever going to the amazon or Australia or anywhere like that. I couldn't even handle the cockroaches in America. (they ran really, really quickly, and I was wearing flip flops all the time!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

I've always been a bit more an arachnophile than an arachnophobe. I luv em for some reason. Always wanted a pet tarantuala but somehow I don't think my girlfriend would approve. There was one time however, when I wasn't so enamoured with arachnid-kind. When you're face-to-face with one of these evil bastards.

More here

He was a rather small one, comparitivly small anyways. I'd never shared a shower with a poisonous arthopod before and it was something of a new experience for me. This critter was little under 2 inches (they get bigger) and I'm well over 6ft and a big burly beardy mofo but there was no contest. We both kinda saw each other at the same time, he was just beside the top of the shower where I would have reached up to get shampoo- he reared up and sorta mexican waved me with a "come near me and I'll fúck you up" expression on his eeeh, face. I, like a cowardly little girl dashed out of the shower holding my valuables in my hand. (It doubt it mattered if it bit me in my privates or not I'd be ****ed no matter where I was bitten but still, it's one of those psychological things I guess.)

After I got out I managed to swat him away by whipping a towel at him and sending him plunging into the soapy deep. Once there he floundered for a bit whilst I dumped shower gel on him then alternated boiling hot and icy cold water on the fukker. Totally paranoid now I waited until it stopped moving. (I'd been dousing the poor thing for the best part of an hour now- not supposed to waste water in Oz but fukkem) After some time I mummified my hand in about 18 inches of bogroll and
    I tried to jab him down the drain with a cotton bud, which, I must admit, made my heart race. I kept expecting him to do something nasty, like sting me through my protective bogroll layer even though he was dead, or some crazy **** like that.
    He was too big to get down the drain, so, hands a quivver, I decided to try pick him up, first time I thought he was moving and I dropped him. Second time I dropped him on the carpet and nearly died (of fright), he didn't actually spring to life and pounce on me so I picked him up again.

The third time I dropped him in the bog and flushed him.
    That was the end of mister funnell web.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

God I hate spiders

me too

had a house spider about the size of my hand wander into my bed once :eek:

i have since siliconed up any small gaps into my room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Jesus I'm freaked out now 0_0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Funny story Beer Baron :D

Nasty story there TBB

i had a similar experience in oz with a red back... nasty looking b@stard.... it was in my pillow case and my dad came in to wake me (i was 8 at the time) and he saw it coming out of my pillow case...

he grabbed me flung me on the floor and proceeded to get the fly swat.... the thing didnt even flinch.... a nice brick to the whole body qucikly sorted that bugger out... phew.. the b@stard could have killed me... but not likely....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I had a horrible, horrible experience one morning when I woke up with a horrible taste in my mouth....

:(

Blurrgh.

There was a bit of a spider on my pillow. Still feel sick thinking of it. I'm a total wuss when it comes to spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

very little point in this reply. I just want to make a "I'm not even going to open that picture" stance.

I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why do I always do that - click on a link I know is gonna freak me :dunno:

I don't like the looks of that bastid at all, mind you, any spider is enough to have me screaming like a little girl :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

reminds me of the Spider baby ...

Advertisement