Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posh & Becks 'Fever'? I don't get it

Options
  • 16-04-2004 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I was thinking the other day about this pair and was trying to figure out what it is about them that has Britain and Ireland talking about them constantly for the past few years. What is it?
    I have zero interest in their lives as I think dealing with my own takes up more than enough time.
    People follow their every move but I can't for the life of me understand why ?
    What difference does it make to your life if Victoria is pregnant again?
    I only mention that because I heard the following conversation in work

"My friend swears she was sitting beside Victoria and that she looking pregnant again"
    "Oh my god really?!!?!"
    "Yep. It's a fact"

I mean, what can it possibly matter to you? Really, what?

I mean, he's a good footballer (and there are plenty of them about) and she used to be in a very successful pop group (again, nothing unusual there) but now she doesn't do anything really, he can't string a sentence together and has about as much charisma as a small water-biscuit.
    Why the massive hype about them?

In the news the day before yesterday, item one was the beckhams and item two was the story of the chap who had been kidnapped and released in Iraq.
    How wrong can our priorities get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't get it either. In general I don't get why people are this nosey and interested in famous people's private lives. In this case in particular two really uninteresting people.

They're loving it though aren't they? Being famous and having people talk about them all the time. They're part of that whole group that will moan about not having privacy but then sell their story/wedding/childbirth to OK Magazine and other trashy POS magazines like it.

I hope this affair thing that seems to be TOP NEWS on Sky is real, at least this way they can divorce and be equally boring on their own and this whole boring media frenzy will die down in time.

Kitten stuck in trees makes better news than this whole debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah.. i have to say the whole thing is a bit too tacky for my liking....

He have or he may not have.... who gives a sh1t???

There are plenty of other people out there who have affairs and it doesnt make front page headlines...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I don't know either of them, so they're not famous to me :rolleyes:

To anyone who gets caught up in that shyte I say this (cliche'd I know)

GET A F*CKING LIFE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What everyone else said. They're a pair of muppets...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I don't get it either. Who gives a toss, except rebecca of course.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well I'd like someone to tell me why they find them so interesting.
    Of course, they'd probably be opening themselves up to serious flaming (not by me though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Couldn't give a monkeys! :dunno:

I'll just ignoring it like I do with most media frenzies! (except the Roy Keane one! Now that's news!) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I agree with all the previous posters .

The people that keep them famous by reading things like ok /hell magazine are just sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a typical pop thing. The two of them used the media to their advantage - he was a good footballer, but as others said, no charisma, she was a pop star, destined to fail when on her own.
    They used to media to paint themselves as a lovey-dovey couple, and try to show that "Famous people can fall and stay in love." It's a typical romantic thing that a lot of girls latch onto, and is why it's such a popular topic. Women drive the trashy media.

It's well known however, that the more you use the media, the more they're willing to take you down. It's the Sun, the Mirror and Sky News, who'll be watching, laughing and participating as the pair of them crash & burn and become a laughing stock.

About time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It had to happen eventually...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I watched one of those programmes on Sky1 the other night about them and to be
    honest they really arent anything special...

She's soooo into herself and loves playing up to the camera... hes not in it much to
    be honest and doesnt seem too interested at all...

I dunno, it definitely has the smell of a publicity stunt and also the smell of something
    baked up to get the media interested in her again..

Ahh well, if he did it, so what.. he's not the first celeb to do it and he wont be the
    last.. personally I wouldnt blame him if i had to wake up beside that stick insect
    every morning.. uugghh!!!

Its the kids i feel sorry for..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by Sleepy
    It had to happen eventually...

thats class ha ha..

and the reason i think that people find them so interesting is because they appear to be the perfect couple and i think most people are waiting for them to fall off their pedestal.. i actually feel sorry for victoria now (didn't think i ever could), cos whether he did or not, i can't see them ever getting over this properly.. i'll have to admit i did buy the papers to find out as much as i could about it at the weekend.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Its all a load of Shi*e
    Who really cares?

Its sad that the media cant report on news of importance rather than trivial matters
    such as the Beckam stories and thel like..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by spoofilyj
    Its all a load of Shi*e
    Who really cares?

Its sad that the media cant report on news of importance rather than trivial matters
    such as the Beckam stories and thel like..:o

its just the way it is.. ;people are always gonna be interested in the lives of the rich and famous.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

1209095.jpg

896000,tid=d.jpg

which one, which one......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by ferdi
    1209095.jpg

896000,tid=d.jpg

which one, which one......

Neither!!!!

Ones a bloody annoying stick insect who loves herself too much and the other is
    obviously a greedy attention craving psychotic maniac who is doing this for one
    thing and one thing only.. MONEY!!.. she obviously doesnt give a f*ck if she breaks
    up a family or what the after effects are...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If people are so uninterested then why reply to a thread?

Anyway, in answer to the later question.

Definitely Victoria :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by seansouth
    If people are so uninterested then why reply to a thread?

Exactly.

Also, sliepnir wins the award for most naive poster this week.

"Why is there so much press about a sex scandal involving a world famous footballer and his 'glamourous' wife who pimp themselves to the media at the drop of a hat."

will wonders never cease...

Advertisement