Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum - Please dont close it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sorry to sound elitist but, I`m here 2 years or so, and i remember that the soccer forum was excellent for reading, some of the best and informed forums i have used. But now with idiot newbies like yourself who remind me of the CS of old.

The soccer forum is closed, if it reopens then i would expect a certain amount of cop on from users.

Also take a look around, theres even someone who has suggested a seperate area to talk about this Roy Keane fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as soccer is probably coming back as a restricted board it will be noted who doesn't heed the ban when access rights are being considered. Please think about that before posting.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think the moderaters were doing a good job and if anything they should have been harsher .

If the soccer forum does ever open agin i hope some restrictions are put on people being able to post such as : being a member , have 500 posts , registered longer than 3 months ago .

Draupnir , it seems u are the cause of a lot of flaming on the soccer forum and if it does re-open and ur allowed to post please restrain from saying things like Ashley cole and martin keown are scumbags and that at least the old united had players u could like : Keane Cantonna .

Big Ears hopeing for a soccer forum that is civilised and with no muppertery .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by bazH
    A few Soccer threads popping up already, its a shame but the closure of the soccer forum seems the best idea.

[URL=http://]http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=153442&goto=newpost[/URL]

Well the biggest footballing story in the last two years has just broke, are you REALLY that surprised that people want to talk about it? This is huge, huge news and it's probably going to be the lead story on all news bulletins.

The closure of the forum is far from the best idea, and it's not why these threads are popping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

trust me Ears, lesson learned

• Advertisement

Good to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by ecksor
    Hm, I don't know. I've suspected for a while now that Multiple accounts have been a problem. I doubt Ronaldo7/Michelangelo/TheC0CK/Unexpected is the only one guilty of it. If I don't do something about this blatent breach of rules, then questions might be asked as to why no further action was taken to lock this user's accounts.

Point Taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have to say I was very disappointed to see the Forum was closed.

I know there has been problems of late there, but I think the Soccer forum all in all was quite good, with varied opinions most of which were civil.

I hope Gandalf and the others can come up with some way of re-opening the forum.

Sad day for Boards:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking as a wise(ish) oldie can someone get thier boots on and start a new soccer forum as we just HAVE to bitch about Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy et al. ;)

Where else can we talk? p45 :ninja:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Have to say lads....the irony of the Soccer Forum closing on the day that Roy Keane announces his return to international football is unbelievable!!! A big day for Irish soccer and nowhere to discuss it on Boards.ie........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

never hear of www.foot.ie ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think its pretty useful tbh, makes a point much better than if he hadnt decided today :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well, it would be a terrible shame to lose some of the recent additions to p45.net and their soccer forum at http://www.p45rant.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?forumid=85 but of course people have to make their own choices, vote with their feet and we have to live with the consequences of our actions. I'm confident that people won't go there to post though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by crash_000
    I think its pretty useful tbh, makes a point much better than if he hadnt decided today :p

Bloody typical! :D He should keep an eye on boards.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Show me where he instigates a discussion?

As one of the main reasons why the soccer forum is closed, i think you are the one the owes apologies, if someone who posts a third of their total boards post in soccer (kone), realises that the soccer forum is closed, also knows that soccer related issues are not be to be posted anywehre on boards.ie for a while, then posts an obvious soccer thread in After Hours isnt a very stupid person what is?

To a lot of people this is national news, BIG national news!

But then again all these people must be stupid....

I find you extremely rude, I won't let myself descend to your level BazH.

I owe you no apology.

I just wanted to share some important news with my fellow boards.ie ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

never hear of www.foot.ie ??

Of course I have, but in spite of a lot of muppetry that has been displayed as of late there is always a lot of interesting and balanced discussion that goes on on Boards.ie!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hopefully it will return but not before a few people get their ears boxed and everyone learns that Boards is a lot bigger then any one forum...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Then in the space of approximatly 6 months or so, it turns into ground zero.
    The veritable Hellmouth of Muppetry :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Boards is a lot bigger then any one forum...

Boards is bigger than jesus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

jesus.com is gay

No it is - really. They've got a rainbow flag and everything. They seem so welcoming that they'd probably even accept a yobbo from Mayfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The reason I joined boards.ie was for the soccer forum. I was a regular poster in the same forum until lately because of what was going on i.e stupid arguements, users abusing each other because of the team they support etc. Was pleasantly surprised to see it closed. Would love to see it open up again minus the blinkered, abuse throwing users that seem to want to cause trouble rather than have a civilised debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

this post might get me into trouble but i dont care.

who do they think they are closing our forum. i wouldnt have joined boards.ie if it wasnt for the soccer forum.twice as much muppetry goes on in rock/metal yet nobody complains about that. if the adminsitrators dont reopen it soon i say we start a boycott of the entire site.

I say we dont , they are only trying to fix a problem .
    It may not be the best solution to close the forum but i suppose it gives the mods time to think of what to do . ( before more muppetry occurs

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I hope the soccer forum gets back. Its one of the reasons I come to boards.ie to discuss things like this. Granted some of the stuff goes way off topic and gets childish but why should we all suffer because of a few?

I used to enjoy reading the opinion of other people, maybe you could at least allow the people in who behave?

Perhaps you could revisit the charter and make it stricter to keep topics on topic and peaceful or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by AngelofFire

who do they think they are closing our forum. i wouldnt have joined boards.ie if it wasnt for the soccer forum.twice as much muppetry goes on in rock/metal yet nobody complains about that. if the adminsitrators dont reopen it soon i say we start a boycott of the entire site.

How is it "our" forum. Did you set it up and host it? Did you in some way create it? Boards.ie provide the forum for our use, they own it and can do frankly whatever they feel best to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm finding it hard to type this with the withdrawal symptoms from missing the soccer forum causing my hands to shake like mad :D

I have to agree with the mods that the whole board became a slagging match ... especially between Arsenal and United supporters :mad:

Hopefully, if and when the soccer forum is reinstated, the [unnecessarily nasty] slagging element is removed!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

who do they think they are closing our forum.

And its your forum exactly how? Do you do anything to help here? What makes you think you have any right to post on any forum here?

i wouldnt have joined boards.ie if it wasnt for the soccer forum.

Gosh... look where we'd be then...

twice as much muppetry goes on in rock/metal yet nobody complains about that.

And lots of people complained about the soccer forum... I see no difficulty reconciling those facts. Actually I dont think the Rock forum is anywhere near as bad but thats beside the point.

if the adminsitrators dont reopen it soon i say we start a boycott of the entire site.

byyyyeee *waves*

Missing you already!!!

Nightstrike, thats exactly what we are discussing behind the scenes with the mods. For the moment, I'm happy to let people realise how much they miss the place so that maybe they wont take us for granted quite so much. (like the above poster).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by DeVore

Nightstrike, thats exactly what we are discussing behind the scenes with the mods. For the moment, I'm happy to let people realise how much they miss the place so that maybe they wont take us for granted quite so much. (like the above poster).

DeV.

Cheers Dev I appreciate that. Didn't read the 8 pages of this thread so far so wasn't too sure what was happening but thanks for the update. I hope it works out, when topics were kept on track it was always a good interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

who do they think they are closing our forum. .... if the adminsitrators dont reopen it soon i say we start a boycott of the entire site.

rofl, This coming from the guy with ok2boo.com in his sig.

Yes, thats the website that encourages people to boo european players who may have played for a scottish club at some stage when they play against Ireland. Confused? Not as confused as Angelofire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

my sig is satirical i despise the booing of rangers players at roi games.

my previous post didnt mean to cause offence. i just thing that the reasons for closing down the soccer were a bit mundane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement