Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum - Please dont close it

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He's basically saying it's time to circle the wagons and eliminate the riff-raff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by ecksor
    He's basically saying it's time to circle the wagons and eliminate the riff-raff.

Yeeeehawww!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

It worked for John Wayne.

I doubt many are confused, Maybe its just tou Draupnir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Anyone else confused by this rather cryptic comment?

The mods talk about you behind your back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Boards.ie Soccer: The Final Solution.

The walls have ears you know Draupnir...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,408 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah, so Draupnir is the guy they were talking about?

Kinda makes sense really...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Probably just as well it's shut now. Roy Keane's just confirmed he'll play for Ireland again. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Jese, dont gang up on me lads, I didnt do that much really, in fact I took part in some really good debates and chats. I just let off some steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,408 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I told yiz, twas definitely him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I have long suspected that Multiple account thing has been a problem as highlighted by Ecksor and I doubt Ronaldo7/Michaelangelo/TheCock/unexpected/Rocco/Ubahone/50 cent is the only one guilty of it but the question has to be asked if The Admin were aware of this blatent breach of the rules as they obviously were in this instance why was no further action taken to Lock this users accounts?

• Advertisement

I dont have multiple accounts lads, thats the truth. I couldnt be arsed with that crack. I found out bout boards through a mate in college and signed up a couple of months ago. Ban me from soccer if ya like it aint the end of the world. Im also quite partial to a dose of the Stargate board and my interest in Feedback/Suggestions has increased dramatically of late.

I really dont see why this has turned into a thread about me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I have long suspected that Multiple account thing has been a problem as highlighted by Ecksor and I doubt Ronaldo7/Michaelangelo/TheCock/unexpected/Rocco/Ubahone/50 cent is the only one guilty of it but the question has to be asked if The Admin were aware of this blatent breach of the rules as they obviously were in this instance why was no further action taken to Lock this users accounts?
    Assholes in glass houses should shut the fuck up.

Cripes almighty. No wonder you start so much crap on that forum, I feel like flaming you right now. I'm starting to feel like your posts are wasting valuable space on our webserver that I might need for my ksh history or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Its been said before, its a priveledge not a right to use boards.ie.

Anyway After Hours is the new Soccer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I for one liked the soccer forum but there was a helluva lot of sh!te been fired out there.

IMHO it should be shut down for a period to show ppl you guys (mods) mean business.
    If/when you start it up again one idea might be to have a seperate area for match results? (kinda like film reviews).
    More often then not these threads that go on for 5+ pages started out as: "Man U V Chelsea (Contains Scores)". A kinda minute by minute analsys of the game is given and then it starts - ppl start talkin about how such a team is sh*te and blah blah blah!
    Maybe if these things (results and general opinion) were kept apart it would be easier to manage! Also, ppl could at a glance see what a thread is about and hopefully the subscribers would stay on subject!

Thats my 2 cents anyway!
    I miss the soccer forum!:( Muppets suck!

Cripes almighty. No wonder you start so much crap on that forum, I feel like flaming you right now. I'm starting to feel like your posts are wasting valuable space on our webserver that I might need for my ksh history or something.

After the whole, muppet/tinky - "Minky" thing ("its not me, its my workmate beside me") you'd think he'd know better than to post an accusation like that.

Unless of course he wanted to drag the **** up (which he did, well done)

Perhaps the admins should take his advice and act on such accounts immediately?

The bloke over at After Hours is discussing it as News Baz and you owe him an apology.

Show me where he instigates a discussion?

As one of the main reasons why the soccer forum is closed, i think you are the one the owes apologies, if someone who posts a third of their total boards post in soccer (kone), realises that the soccer forum is closed, also knows that soccer related issues are not be to be posted anywehre on boards.ie for a while, then posts an obvious soccer thread in After Hours isnt a very stupid person what is?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think the post in After Hours is an example of why closing the soccer forum is just moving the problem to other areas of the site. A muppet is a muppet is a muppet whereever they post. We may start reading of a lot more bannings on other forums as a result.

Hyzepher

Originally posted by syke
    After the whole, muppet/tinky - "Minky" thing ("its not me, its my workmate beside me") you'd think he'd know better than to post an accusation like that.

Very mature reples to a valid point there guys.

Well ecksor is the man with the access to ip addresses, there is no truth in that accusation and he can confirm that if he wishes .

• Advertisement

I wouldnt call him a very stupid person because he may in fact be a very intelligent person. Not nice to call people stupid. I think Ive already apologised but if not, I am sorry because I wish the soccer forum was open now, I wanna discuss the Eircom League with a bloke on there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by syke

i think a can of worms have been opened here and to be honest i dont want to get into it.

edit:i was threatend with a banning because i had no proof of the whole Minky situation(which i actually picked up from another mod), well the post below is news to me and prehaps i feel a bit vidicated
    anyway carry on

Well ecksor is the man with the access to ip addresses, there is no truth in that accusation and he can confirm that if he wishes .

Those two accounts have been caught posting from the same IP in the past. I seem to recall you spinning some yarn to Thanx 4 the Fish and you were given the benefit of the doubt. You do realise that "The Muppet" is registered with an email address of TINKY@ ? Did you get confused?

Perhaps I should leap to ban these accounts following on from your earlier "valid point" ?

Those two accounts have been caught posting from the same IP in the past. I seem to recall you spinning some yarn to Thanx 4 the Fish and you were given the benefit of the doubt. You do realise that "The Muppet" is registered with an email address of TINKY@ ? Did you get confused?

Perhaps I should leap to ban these accounts following on from your earlier "valid point" ?

Well you can't say he didn't ask for his impending ban.......

I didn't accuse you of having multiple accounts, I accused you of being an asshole. I'm prepared to stand over that accusation.

I have never posted under any other use name and both myself and Tinky have exchange PMS with Devore and explained the connection between us which i believe he accepted.

Dapper gent i am not going to rise to you bait so you may as well give it up. Its ironic that we're discussing the closure of a forum because of the very sort of behaviour you are displaying. Now either post in civilised adult manner or I'm Not interested.

A few Soccer threads popping up already, its a shame but the closure of the soccer forum seems the best idea.

[URL=http://]http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=153442&goto=newpost[/URL]

Theres nothing at that link Baz, by the way, are you getting paid to look around and try to cause hassle for people or will you just get a gold star?

Now either post in civilised adult manner of I'm Not interested.
    You mean if I continue to post in a childish fashion you'll shut up? Deal.

• Advertisement

I have never posted under any other use name and both myself and Tinky have exchange PMS with Devore and explained the connection between us which i believe he accepted.

Hm, I don't know. I've suspected for a while now that Multiple accounts have been a problem. I doubt Ronaldo7/Michelangelo/TheC0CK/Unexpected is the only one guilty of it. If I don't do something about this blatent breach of rules, then questions might be asked as to why no further action was taken to lock this user's accounts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement