Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paypal

• 29-03-2004 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey im not sure if this thread is going into the right place but i didnt really know where else to put it. Ok here is my question anyway:

I'm about to put a dating site up online and i want to charge members 60dollars to join for a year. This morning i opened up a savings account with Permenant TSB and i already have a current there. I tried to open up an account with Paypal and they are looking for a credit card number off me.

Trouble is i dont have a credit card cause im only a student and i dont paticulary want the funds going into my fathers account. Is there anyway around this with paypal or perhaps some other company? I heard Paypal opened some office in Dublin, would anyone know the number or any details of this.

All advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

You'll need a CC. All the providers require you to sign up with a CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

maybe try getting yourself a student credit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Divine

Trouble is i dont have a credit card cause im only a student and i dont paticulary want the funds going into my fathers account. Is there anyway around this with paypal or perhaps some other company?

Well even if you have a credit card you still can't receive money. You need a UK bank account to be able to receive money from your paypal account. There have been rumours Irish accounts will be able to work with paypal soon, but that rumour has been around for YEARS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

And if i do sign up with a credit card does that mean all the money goes into that account or can i set up my own bank account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

well tbh you don't have to sign up with paypal, you can always get an account with 2checkout.com, and you can add in your Irish bank account, and then every so often they send you a cheque (that's in American dollars, I think you can tell them to send it to you in Euros though). And you don't need a CC. Only thing is you've to pay $50 one time fee for the account.

• Advertisement

ok 2checkout looks good. Is it reliable, has anyone used it before? My website is waiting to go up online so do you think i should just get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

as far as I know Paypal are the financial arm of Ebay and they're recently opened a call centre type office in East Point Business Park down near the docklands ... the East Wall side of things ....

ok 2checkout looks good. Is it reliable, has anyone used it before? My website is waiting to go up online so do you think i should just get it?
    I don't see any reason why not. I've an account with them now, and they're really reliable, found their customer support to be quite fast as well. Btw. Not advertising them. Bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I use 2checkout. They are reliable and professional.

I used them for this site I developed -

http://www.hostago.com/

Ok that sounds good advice there, just one more question, do they put money straight into the bank account or send you cheques or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

PayPal are placed out in Blanchardstown and yes they are basing their whole European Hub in Dublin...

At the moment, we serve the UK and German markets with plans to expand into other markets..

Rumours have been flying around about when Irish bank accounts will be added but who knows....When we can withdraw money to bank accounts it will become more Irish friendly.

There are only 5 countries that can add funds from their bank account and 19+ that can withdraw funds to their bank account.

It is important to add a credit card to the account. When you set up the account you may/may not be granted a sending limit on your account, even when you have a credit card added to the account. If you want to send and receive UNLIMITED payments you really need to add a credit card and complete a verification process called Expanded use.

Once that happens you will have unlimited sending/receiving payment limit. You have to be Premier/Business account to receive payments and you will be charged a fee to receive. There are no charges for sending money. If you do receive money to your account, in Ireland anyway, you cannot withdraw funds to credit card/bank account cos the infrastructure is not in place...(not sure about the online account u talked about 2checkout)

If you need more help follow this link.

Contact PayPal

If you send an email, log into your PayPal account and send a mail from within your account. You will get a more efficient answer.

Jokah :D

Ok that sounds good advice there, just one more question, do they put money straight into the bank account or send you cheques or what?
    They send you cheques and you've to put them into your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Slothy

yes Problem with paypal is you cannot get your cash out unless you:
    1. spend it
    2. withdraw to a US, UK bank account, they dont support Irish accounts as stated above.

The best thing is to use ikobo they allow you to withdraw to your CREDIT CARD very handy. so there you go!! I have used it and its handy.

Advertisement