Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for cool little shops?

• 10-02-2004 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

(Posting for a friend...)

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to recommend any sort of cool little shops around Dublin: southside, northside, whichever. (Not really after checking out department stores, though.)

So, you know, what are your faves? I haven't seen as much of Dublin as I'd like or ought, even though I've been here for almost a year. And windowshopping is free!

I thought you peeps might have some ideas.

Thanks heaps.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

what exactly are you lookin to buy?

If its clothes, which I assume it is then your best bet is to go through places in town
    off the main streets like grafton st and henry st.. down all the side streets and
    smaller shopping arcades are lots of shops for every possible taste..

Give some more details on what your looking to buy, if its clother, the the style or
    look your into etc..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭usualsuspect

quirky shops: clothes, knickknacks, odd things, second-hand stuff, groovy, retro, oddball, food, antiques

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Visuals on Liffey Street
    Gadget Shop in Jervis St Centre
    SF Codys in Arnotts in Henry St
    All of the George's St Arcade
    Athena in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre
    Hodges Figgis on Dawson St always kills some time
    Sufis near where Break for the Border used to be for coffee
    That café at the end of Crow St in Temple Bar for the finest concoction known to humanity - the passion fruit smoothie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by usualsuspect
    quirky shops: clothes, knickknacks, odd things, second-hand stuff, groovy, retro, oddball, food, antiques
    There's a cool shop that fits that bill very nicely in Temple Bar (in the main square). The name escapes me at the moment :dunno:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Tambuli i think it is

If its food u want then i go to georges ST arcade - They sell loads of differnt
    VERY nice fudge
    and choclate and also pistasio nuts are VERY cheep cause they have HUGE bags of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

As said above, all the shops around the georges street arcade area. Very quirky, and prob the only non-commercially raped part of the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Urban Outfiitters in Temple bar. Ripoff prices but they have fun toys, clothes and a record store on the 2nd floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

happy daze on crown alley in temple bar is pretty cool- they sell clothes, jewellery, hair dye, incense, "tobacco products" and other assorted acoutrements. and the poster shop attached to it is pretty cool too.

other than that, tambuli, and most of the georges st arcade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Eager Beaver in Temple Bar (Behind Central Bank) - Retro Clothes
    Temple Bar Open Air Food Market

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

would any of these shops sell a bowler hat? does anyone one jnow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmmm, i'd recommend the egyptian shop, banana tree, and asha, all in the stephens green shopping centre, all on the 3rd floor. or is banana tree on the 2nd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by yellum
    Urban Outfiitters
    That's the one ;):)
    Originally posted by agent smith
    would any of these shops sell a bowler hat? does anyone one jnow?
    You still lookin' for one of those, or was that someone else?
    Originally posted by Raphael
    all on the 3rd floor. or is banana tree on the 2nd...
    both, oddly 0_o

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

try cow's lane market on a saturday..just off temple bar..loadsa really quirky clothes and crafts

bohemian bijoux in the jervis centre does some really nice and unusual jewellery ..it's a stall on the 2nd floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Army Bargains on Little Mary Street tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i'd say you'd need to try a costume shop or something for the bowler hat; either that or jenny vander, or the shop in the arcade where jenny vander used to be, i think that's a men's shop now.

either that or write a very nice letter to someone from the apprentice boys

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

lol

just would have liked one, for a quirky little thing, know what i mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭usualsuspect

Thanks for all the suggestions. I notice not much has been mentioned on the North side - does anyone have any favourite North side shopping destinations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Coyle's on Aungier St. is the only "hatter" left in Dublin so if you don't see a bowler hat there you won't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

evolution in the gpo arcade has nice stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

forbidden planet on the quays for general sci-fi, sub city off georges street if your in to comics and stuff, and chapters on abbey street,

• Advertisement
Advertisement