Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go?

• 28-12-2003 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering where exactly do 'normal' people go out... I'm 18 and would consider myself normal from a comfortable backround, but as of late, the people i meet when i go out i find are well... stuck up or something i cant really put my finger on it apart from them being really shallow people... Don't get me wrong im not someone who goes out and is bitter about not scoring, i just dont bother with these people any more...

So really without all this waffle i mean Where do NORMAL people go out? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

IMO there are very few normal people (i.e. not snobbish & not superficial) around. Whenever you do meet any, appreciate them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

This reminds of something very funny I saw last night.
    To sum it up:
    In the queue for the atm outside Club 92, a guy with two girls were at the front. The guy laughs and makes a joke about how she wont go far with 28e in her account. They guy behind them laughs. Then the first guy turns to him and jokingly says,'what does your daddy do?' Then somehow he starts getting aggressive 'what do you drive' etc, he was really in this guys face. They had to be separated.

I thought it was fúcking hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

What is normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Sangre
    Then the first guy turns to him and jokingly says,'what does your daddy do?' Then somehow he starts getting aggressive 'what do you drive' etc, he was really in this guys face. They had to be separated.

Roughly what age were the twats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

23/24 I'd say. The other guy wasnt a twat, just the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

When you say 'stuck up or something', I really got to agree with you. I am getting sick of going out and meeting these people who are filled with their own importance. I end up going to the types of places where these people congregate, Cafe en Seine, et al. And I think it is definitely a recent thing, well within the last few years since the Celtic Tiger and all that. And I am of thje opinion that it is purel;y Dublin folk (and I am speaking as a Dubliner). Really bugs me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

got to agree, sadly im a pretty regular Coyote goer in Dublin and im so sick of the people in there... i dont even bother any more i usually just drink and talk to my mates, most of the girls in there look good but make me sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

The guy laughs and makes a joke about how she wont go far with 28e in her account.

seen some friends i have back home who could do it for less together, one word = clevage...

being flirtatious also helps ten folds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

stags head

whealens

the hub

these places are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    What is normal?

normal is what everyone else is and you are not (Star Trek 7)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

TBH I was waiting for someone to come out with something that....that's a bull**** line from a bad film :(

Sorry to have to tell you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I agree wholeheartedly... I've actually been asked what I earn by a girl I met in a club once:eek: I mean ffs, what kind of question is that to ask someone you've just met?

It does seem to be more of a Dublin thing, but there are definitely elements of it in Galway. Most notably in those that work in Dublin and come home every weekend *cough* Living Room **** *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Originally posted by Sleepy
    I agree wholeheartedly... I've actually been asked what I earn by a girl I met in a club once:eek: I mean ffs, what kind of question is that to ask someone you've just met?

How cheeky! Did you tell her to go hump a door?!!

Seriously though, askin someone who you don't even know what they earn is jus plain nosy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

hmm. how come everyone you meet is stuck up?

Are you sure you're not the one with the problem?

There's no such thing as a shallow person, even David Brent has feelings.
    Someone appearing shallow probably doesnt want to talk to you, or maybe is nervous about talking to you, so they rabbit on about themselves...there's countless reasons.

The idea that you'll go to the Stag's Head and everyone there will be wonderfully informed and down to earth is rubbish.

It's wholely unlikely that you'll meet someone in a club or pub and hit it off on some Shakespearian level straight away. No one behaves like themselves in those situations.

How many times have you met someone who appears dead sound but then within a few hours/weeks/months or whatever turns out to be a total fuck head?

And how often have you been wrong about someone?

Anyway, my point is don't judge people by 1 night, influenced by alchohol situations.

God I've never heard myself talk such ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

maybe its like a defense mechanism ... like you see them as snobs... so you are sort of stand off ish to them.... then you appear as a snob to them and they do the same back... like a nasty loop

people can't help but warm to puppies... cause puppies warm to everyone.

you aren't a puppy are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Hang about the dance machines at Dr Quirkies with a purse full of €1 coins and you're bound to score.

I used to be friends with Quirkes son, his dad imported an African parrot for his tenth birthday. My dad wouldn’t even allow me to get a goldfish. Life can be a real bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A lot of different clubs and pubs are filled with varying amounts of ****erdom, but I find Whelans is generally good, 'cept for the odd dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    TBH I was waiting for someone to come out with something that....that's a bull**** line from a bad film :(

Sorry to have to tell you....

sure its just as predictable as someone saying "what's normal" :) with regards to the film well thats a matter of opinion but i do like the line.

with regards to places to go, i find a lot of the time it doesn't matter about the place but more so the people i'm with typically if i'm out with my friends i don't care about the people around me. saying that though my friends go to the same place nearly every saturday night and i hate it, oliver goldsmiths on dame street, they then proceed to stand at the top of the stairs leading onto the dance floor where we get to be bumped about by everything single person going up or down, did i mention i ****ing hate the place.

i personally where theres conversation to be had with some background music, not the other way around and i really like the white horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In fairness, I know very few people who experience lasting relationships after an encounter in a night club. It's still no excuse to be rude. People in this country seem to be losing their manners, and strangely it's the women who are losing them faster. Just because Samantha in Sex and the City can behave like a bolshy bitch and get away with it doesn't mean you can, girls. I'm telling you, it's really becoming a hobby of mine putting some of these people in their place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Trinty Arch and Fireworks where I go on a regular basis but Saturday night was a c*nt, all snobs in the Trinty Arch, just being yourself is the bet option.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 legit2

i have become so disillusioned with the dublin pub scene i now try to avoid it sadly.

I don't know if it is the characterless pubs or the pseudo yuppies but there are very few places I actually like going to nowadays.

I use to be of the opinion that if you are with a crowd of your own friends it doesn't matter where you are but I find it hard to ignore loudmouths and flash harrys. These pseudo yuppies are essentially lacking any class, money can never buy personality or friends although it does help if you want to score a female pseudo yuppie. These people usually have to thank daddy for anything worthwhile in their life !!!!. I would rather be the skanger that I am !.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

Originally posted by Sleepy
    In fairness, I know very few people who experience lasting relationships after an encounter in a night club. It's still no excuse to be rude. People in this country seem to be losing their manners, and strangely it's the women who are losing them faster. Just because Samantha in Sex and the City can behave like a bolshy bitch and get away with it doesn't mean you can, girls. I'm telling you, it's really becoming a hobby of mine putting some of these people in their place!

[rant]Don't get me started on how sex in the city influences women. I wish to decapitate the idiot who coined the term "girl power". And it's not like the ones who go round using the term have any(girl power that is), they just attempt to act assertive and end up being total bitches[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Where do all the normal ppl go?
    there IS no normal ppl in the first place.
    This country is rapidly filling up with too many pretentious **** who just get in the way of everyone else.
    And Dublin is the worst place in the country to try meet ppl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by ferdi
    stags head

whealens

the hub

these places are ok.

First two are good, last one is a dive, total and complete.

I agree with Giblet, the old guy is a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Re; Where to go?

Where to go, is in your head.

P.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Club 92 is a great place to go for scorchingly hot stunningly attractive girls mainly because i know a lot of people who go up there anyway...

it depends where your friends like to go to, thats what makes a place good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

When you think that everyone that has replied to this post has the same view about the 'Not normal people'

Well then then, think that the 10 people that have posted including me. (not exactly sure how many it is.) went to the same Club, its most likely that we would find at least 1 or more of us 10 to be 'Not a normal person'. Yet each and everyone of us would consider our selves 'Normal'

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

what you class as normal?

i class myself as normal'ish and i say, **** the rest.

9/10 girls are stuck up when in club's. fireworks girl's are ALL ways stuck up....

prehaps daddy thought them how to?

Advertisement