Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Speed dating

• 23-06-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ✭✭✭ Magaly Dado

I swear I'm asking on behalf of a neanderthal PC-less friend.

Does anybody know where there are any speeddating events been held in the west. I've done a google search but nothing came.

Thanks (on behalf of my friend!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭ patch

Tell your friend I saw an ad in the galway Independent. The raddisson. Thursday the 10th. Happy Hunting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 DRakE

speed dating ?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭ patch

30 dates in one night the blurb says....... which would be where the speed comes into it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ piet

In pontoon bridge hotel near Ballina.
    31 July see western people for further info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Debsorette

There is speed dating in the Radisson Hotel - heard an ad on Galway Bay FM - my friend went to the one last week and said it was fantastic - the next one is 7th August - the web address is www.speeddate.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ✭✭✭ Magaly Dado

My buddy who asked the original question, didn't make the one in Galway.....he had a date. Seriously!

He did hear it was good, though.

I just visited the site and it said...

"you will be sent an email informing you of all that dates that you matched up with and their email addresses. "

Back to my original query, my friend doesn't have web access!!

They will also send your matches by text if you request this - and tickets can also be bought in Zhivago

You're walking me intothis one!

What if he didn't have a mobile phone?

Then they can ring his home number and give him the results over the phone - if he doesn't have a home number, they could ring him at work - if he doesn't work, I am sure they would post the results - where there is a will, there's a way....

........okay, okay!

Funny though, his name is Will and he's looking for a way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ✭✭✭ rollover

its amazing how many lads are single these days

that speedate sounds like a rip off tho

debsorette,u workin for speedate or something?

How much does it all cost?

I mean in total.

What are the "hidden extras" if any?

Can anyone who's been speedating comment.

It's 20 euros in total - hosted in the five-star Radisson - and there's free entry for speed daters to the Backstage bar after for a private party - hardly a rip-off considering. You also get to go on 30 mini-dates - all for 20 euro. Not only is it FUN, it gets RESULTS too. No I don't work for them, (unless they consider offering me a job) but I have been to quite a few speed dating events abroad and in Dublin and this one I can say is by far the best - very professional and the set-up was cool - black and white movies playing on big screens, candleabras on every table - they even had a comedian hosting the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭ flav0rflav

Not only is it FUN, it gets RESULTS too ... I have been to quite a few speed dating events abroad and in Dublin
    So why are you hanging around here?

I am not HANGING around here - I was simply answering the question about where there are speed dating events in the west of Ireland. Get with the programme. Or maybe you should check with your MAMMY first...

She told me not to play with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 spongebob

Originally posted by Debsorette
    I am not HANGING around here

shes still hanging aound ...sad

:D

Advertisement