Kone Registered User

Can anyone recommend a cheap gym in City Centre?

It doesn't have to be too fancy. I just really want to use the running machines and maybe some upper body weight machines.........

cheers,
/Kone

Benbaz Registered User

If cheaps's what you're looking for.......Stephen's Green has a great running track!!

Benbaz Registered User

I think the Gym in Markievicz Pool on Pearse Street is supposed to be quite cheap!!! Check it out and see!!!

Trebor Registered User

it's not the city center but the gym in DCU is €180 a year which i am told is good value and it's open to the public no need to be a student (you get a discout if you are tho)

1 person has thanked this post
CivilServant Registered User

YMCA, along wexford or camden street, or somewhere along there anyways. It's quite decent actually, and no it's not.

Dapos Registered User

Anymore suggestions?

Soulgirl Registered User

Just wondering, apart from the few I've listed below, does anyone else know of gyms that can be joined in town/D2/D4 :

Fitness Dock, Camden St.
Jackie SKelly

.....??

Do any of the nice hotels in town allow non-guests to join ?

I'm living in Ranelagh, where would be my closest gym - I can only think of Camden St.......? Or David Lloyd, which is outrageously expensive......

Thanks for any ideas ?

justsomebloke Registered User

Trebor
it's not the city center but the gym in DCU is €180 a year which i am told is good value and it's open to the public no need to be a student (you get a discout if you are tho)

public membership is actually quite a bit more then that, i think i paid nearly €500 including joining fee. For cardio the gym is quite good however for weights it is ****

comer_97 Registered User

if buzz fitness is still open, it would be perfect soul girl. it is on orwell road, next to the driving test centre. it is very cheap and cheerful!

Dapos Registered User

Any gyms close to city centre or along red luas line somewhere. New to dublin and just wondering is there an cheap gym i could join.

RonanC Registered User

Not much help to the original poster, but can anyone recommend a decent gym that you can pay once-off fees to use? I'm in Dublin on Thursday and Friday and want to avoid using the awful hotel gym where I'm staying if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

t-ha Registered User

RonanC
Not much help to the original poster, but can anyone recommend a decent gym that you can pay once-off fees to use? I'm in Dublin on Thursday and Friday and want to avoid using the awful hotel gym where I'm staying if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.
Well I know you can pay for single passes in UCD Crunch & Lochlinstown. They're both decent enough though possibly a bit out of the way depending on where you're staying.

SMK Registered User

Riverside Gym on Eden Quay is about €500 a year. Changing rooms badly need to be refurbished but otherwise the gym is fine.

RonanC Registered User

t-ha
Well I know you can pay for single passes in UCD Crunch & Lochlinstown. They're both decent enough though possibly a bit out of the way depending on where you're staying.

Staying in Stillorgin so will give the UCD gym a go - thanks t-ha.

Dapos Registered User

I'm staying in Drimnagh... any recommendations?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!