Hellrazer Moderator

Copying this from someone elses idea(Name my Brothers dog)but what the hell I cant come up with a good name.If any one wants to see a picture of one exactly like my one as it is now look here:

http://arachnopets.com/tarantulas/tcaresheets/gpulchrac.htm

(Ill post a
pic of mine tomorrow--Batteries ran out on the camera)Btw the one in that pic is slightly smaller than my one.
One more thing it has to be a unisex name cos I cant sex it for a year or so and I wouldnt want to give it some sort of complex!!!!!!

Richie

Lenny Tallaght Scumbag

How much did that thing set yea back?

Hellrazer Moderator

Cost was roughly €70 including heat mat,bedding for the spider and enough crickets to last a couple of weeks.
I already had the tank(An old aquarium)but I did have to make a lockable lid for it as spiders can apparently escape from hinged lids.
Richie

thedrowner Registered User

basil

lord voldemort

fluffy or cuddles

david beckham

(now im just gettin stupid arent i)

Gordon Administrator

Occy?

Hellrazer Moderator

Originally posted by thedrowner
basil

lord voldemort

fluffy or cuddles

david beckham

(now im just gettin stupid arent i)

Most Definately!!!!!!!

Quite like fluffy though!!!

thedrowner Registered User

how about pooky, after garfield's teddy

come on, i think david beckham is a great name for a tarrantula!

Beruthiel omnipotent and omniscient

you're mad yuk!

Timmmmmih

or

bambam or pebbles (flintstones)

SHAMAN Registered User

Esmerelda, Ruby, Spidy?
Ppl might be thinking I'm presuming it's a girl, and they'd be right. If it's not a female, it'll only last a few years. Males have quite short life spans (5 years approx, whereas females: 25). Depending on species of course. Is it defanged? It's an illegal export, if not. They had a bit of trouble with exotic animals recently.

Hellrazer Moderator

Originally posted by SHAMAN
Esmerelda, Ruby, Spidy?
Ppl might be thinking I'm presuming it's a girl, and they'd be right. If it's not a female, it'll only last a few years. Males have quite short life spans (5 years approx, whereas females: 25). Depending on species of course. Is it defanged? It's an illegal export, if not. They had a bit of trouble with exotic animals recently.

Sorry Shaman "de-fanging" a tarantula is a myth.How would the thing eat its natural food??????????And its captive bred so I havent a clue what you`re talking about---Illegal export????
The only species as far as I know which is Cites protected is the Mexican Redknee due to the fact that Americans were collecting them for pets while they were on holidays in Mexico.As for venom no-one has ever been killed by a Tarantula.
Richie

Hellrazer Moderator

Very slack with the naming thing!!!!!!
Maybe Ill post this on the Metal board.

Im sure that some of those nice Death metal people will find a nice evil name for me!!!!!!

Tazz T Registered User

Fish

Saruman Registered User

How about Fang?

Arachnia

er... 8 legged freak!

Hellrazer Moderator

Fang is good!!!
So so far its Fang or Fluffy.Ill try and post a pic tonight!!!Maybe get a few more when people see it.

My daughter wants to call it Alice!!!!!

Dr. Loon Registered User

Please post a link to the pic only. I'm an arachnophobe and I'd rather not see a filthy tarantula on my screen! Seriously. Please don't, and if anyone else does, when I recover, I'll hunt you down and fúck you up.

I'm serious.

As for the name, why not "Satan?"
Or else "Shcaramanga" - when you introduce it to people, say it with a Sean Connery accent. That'd be great!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!