meldrew Registered User

I dont know if anyone has seen the ad running in The News And Star for the last few weeks looking for a manager for their new store opening soon in Waterford .
Does anybody have any idea where they're going and dont say the Glass factory car park because they abandoned that site months ago due to its unsuitability for building and are currently in the process of getting of trying to get their money back there.

Cabaal Ultra Running Mod

meldrew
Does anybody have any idea where they're going and dont say the Glass factory car park because they abandoned that site months ago due to its unsuitability for building and are currently in the process of getting of trying to get their money back there.

Good luck with that,
Not waterford crystals fault that Aldi bought the land, all they can do is try and sell it on

Ravage1616 Registered User

What's wrong with the land?

Cabaal
Good luck with that,
Not waterford crystals fault that Aldi bought the land, all they can do is try and sell it on

They're rumoured to have bought to old Valu Centre Cash Carry at the Rear of the Yellow House Pub on the Cork Road (by the dump).

AdMMM Registered User

It's going on the ground floor of the new complex opposite the government buildings on the Glen (beside the Showboat pub). As far as I know it's very near completion!

What actually happened with the Cork Road land is that tanks from the Maxol leaked oil into the land hindering construction. Aldi are, to the best of my knowledge, trying to make Maxol pay up for the clean up job and will then persue building the store!

|.Murderer.|
It's going on the ground floor of the new complex opposite the government buildings on the Glen (beside the Showboat pub). As far as I know it's very near completion!

What actually happened with the Cork Road land is that tanks from the Maxol leaked oil into the land hindering construction. Aldi are, to the best of my knowledge, trying to make Maxol pay up for the clean up job and will then persue building the store!

Is that not going to be a multi story car park?

Cabaal Ultra Running Mod

|.Murderer.|

Rightly so, unless Aldi caused the damage to the tanks that caused them to leak

kensutz Registered User

Yeah we were told when I was in college last year that it's going to take a hell of a lot of time to clear up the oil and make the soil suitable enough to build on. Something to do with new health and safety guidelines. That or else those have been around for years.

lilmissprincess Registered User

Actually, my grandad worked in the Glass Factory, and it was supposedly fuel from inside the factory that made it all radioactive...god can you imagine it..radiated cheap sweets..

Cabaal Ultra Running Mod

You realise that petrol is not ratioactive

Sully Moderator

Cabaal
You realise that petrol is not ratioactive

If it is, we are all ****ed ><

south Registered User

Freddie59
Is that not going to be a multi story car park?

It is but part of the bottom floor with be used as aldi. I don’t they were planning to move in there but after what happened with the other site they were looking for a suitable place and they found one there.

Aquos76 Moderator

Passing by this multi story car park over the weekend, I now see that Aldi have positioned their signs on the front of this building. Looks like it will only be a matter of weeks at this stage, before we see them opening their doors in Waterford.

thund3rbird_ Registered User

have heard there's also an Aldi opening in Carrick-on-Suir somewhere near the Sean Kelly centre

can anyone from the area shed any more light on this???

OLDYELLAR Registered User

thund3rbird_
have heard there's also an Aldi opening in Carrick-on-Suir somewhere near the Sean Kelly centre

can anyone from the area shed any more light on this???

I heard that story around 3 years ago and alas still no aldi.

As for the radioactive Glass factory , Are you related to Monty Burns?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!