PeakOutput Registered User

Diamond007 said:
Plassey is the place for first years..! I dont want to leave! Its unreal.. I LOVE IT

plassey is a kip but fun

kilmurry is a kip but less so and also fun

go to kilmurry ask for a double bed and then enjoy doing sfa for 24 weeks, im very tempted to be back in kilmurry next year but the "luxury" of cappa is calling me

filthy-greg Registered User

I'm returning from Erasmus very soon, and I want to get off-campus accomodation as soon as I can. Last year, a lot of rooms became available as people went away on co-op in February, but is that the case this year? I've been told that the Polish Invasion has decimated the range of off-campus options for students in Oaklawns, Milford Grange and Elm Park. Is this true?

foxayladaykenoa Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can anyone tell me about CappaVilla? That's where I have applied!!! Incoming First Year

Nutty Registered User

Cappavilla is the newest village on campus think this is its second year open its closest village to the nurses building... which now connects to the main campus via the living bridge making it as close as thomond to the main campus

diddley Registered User

Does anyone know if fellas and girls can live together in Plassey, or any other campus accomodation?

onak07 Registered User

Plassey always mix boys and girls unless you request for an all girls/boys house

rmacm Moderator

diddley said:
Does anyone know if fellas and girls can live together in Plassey, or any other campus accomodation?

No they can't village management have a policy against fellas and girls living together....something about living in sin and fornication and other scary stuff like that.

The Don Registered User

rmacm said:
No they can't village management have a policy against fellas and girls living together....something about living in sin and fornication and other scary stuff like that.

They also have a policy about throwing up over balconies.

dragonfly! Registered User

foxayladaykenoa said:
Can anyone tell me about CappaVilla? That's where I have applied!!! Incoming First Year

Me too so glad to see that another 1st year put cappavilla down cuz got the impression that not many 1st years picked here
What course have you applied for?

klong Registered User

Thinking of staying down in Limerick for a few weeks apres exams...anywhere recommended in Castletroy? What sort of prices are we talking during the summer? I've heard around €50 p/w.

rmacm Moderator

klong said:
Thinking of staying down in Limerick for a few weeks apres exams...anywhere recommended in Castletroy? What sort of prices are we talking during the summer? I've heard around €50 p/w.

Do you intend on working for the summer? Why stay for a few weeks and not just all summer (I've personally had a great time staying in Limerick for the summer). Ah rent wise I suppose it depends on your land lord, I got an extremely cheap rate but that was also contingent on me staying in the house at full rent the following year which I did.

Depends on the landlord I guess.

College Court is dirt cheap for the summer.

bluedolphin Registered User

klong said:

Depends... You will get as low as €25/€30 per week in Elm Park, which is really good when you consider some of the houses there aren't all that bad.

klong Registered User

rmacm said:
Do you intend on working for the summer? Why stay for a few weeks and not just all summer (I've personally had a great time staying in Limerick for the summer). Ah rent wise I suppose it depends on your land lord, I got an extremely cheap rate but that was also contingent on me staying in the house at full rent the following year which I did.

Heading off to the States end of June, thats why

bUILDERtHEbOB Registered User

Theres about 5-7 of us heading down to Limerick next year and I was just wondering if there is anywhere decent equal distance between MaryI, UL and LIT?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!