s_gr Registered User

Have an NCT next week and need to grt some tires replaced. Just wondering where the cheapest place is to purchase them and have them fitted.

kbannon Error: 404 Personality Not Found

what size of tyre. What kind of performance (wet handling, traction, etc.) are you after?

s_gr Registered User

well the car is a vw bora with standard tires, not sure exactly what tires are on it at the moment, will have to check later.

I paided 50 quid a tyre for my Passat, the bora prob has same tyres.....I get them off a bloke in Cavan thou!!

rsta Registered User

Hi sgr

I recently got a couple tyres repaired at Butler's Garage in Harolds Cross, they have a huge selection of tyres, very reasonably priced, helpful guys too, you could give them a ring? 4964542

R

What part of Dublin you in? just thought of a place on N3, just after you come off the Blanchardstown/Clonee by pass there is a garage on your left called Mannings, my cousin get all his tyres off them and says they have decent prices! never have bought off them myself!!

Silvera Registered User

Big Nelly
I paided 50 quid a tyre for my Passat, the bora prob has same tyres.....I get them off a bloke in Cavan thou!!

Something cheap from 'a Cavan man' ???
Well I'll be damned !

Silvera
Something cheap from 'a Cavan man' ???
Well I'll be damned !

My moto! never pay full price!

MercMad Registered User
kbannon Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Many places will match the prices provided by this site (the sites prices don't include a fitting/balancing cost).
Get your prices from here and then see if your local tyre centre can match it for the same rubber.

MercMad Registered User

Yep I agree. I use this site as a guide but habve never actually bought from them !

Ernie Ball Banned

I tried to get a tyre fitter to match them and he wasn't even close. So I bought from eiretyres and had the fitter fit them.

Bluehair Registered User

Ernie Ball
I tried to get a tyre fitter to match them and he wasn't even close. So I bought from eiretyres and had the fitter fit them.

Did exactly the same, checked a couple of local places and none could come close on price (kwik-fit said they would but the tyre turned out to be some cheap-ass knock-off "that are exactly the same" )

Kersh Registered User

Same here,have 4 17" tyres ready for fitting (255/40 and 235/45), took 3 days to deliver them too, , no tyre place got remotely near Eiretyres prices, some out by 130 euro!! robbery.

bmoferrall Registered User

My last set of tyres (Michelin PS1's) cost €220 fitted per tyre (Kimmage Tyres).
I decided to get the highly recommended PS2's (225/45/17) this time - reputed to be far superior to PS1's, and one of the best available generally.
I ordered them from eiretyres.com and they arrived in a couple of days. Relatively speaking, I'm very happy with the €170/tyre cost.
I just rang Dave McCann tyres of Coolmine (recommended previously on this forum).
He told me that the vast majority of tyre outfits would only fit tyres supplied by themselves - he likened it to the scenario of showing up at a restaurant with a hunk of beef and asking them to cook it for you .
To my great suprise (and disbelief), he said he could have supplied and fitted the same PS2's for €183 (plus a pinch of salt!).
After some persuasion he agreed (as a favour) to fit and balance the tyres at €15 per tyre.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!