Mr Rivers Registered User

Any ideas on for somethin to mix with absinthe so it doesnt take so rank?

ro1798 Registered User

in prague they had a cocktail with hills absenth in it, my mate bought it downed it and puked all over the table.......... lesson of story cant get rid of the unearthly taste...

do the glucose thing a bum over there said it take the pain from our throat when drinking it

ronan

Laudanum.

Sorry, but a mixer for absinthe? Philistine!

monkeyfudge Registered User

I've always found madness goes well with absinthe... the two certainly seem to go hand in hand in my case anyway.

Endurance Man Registered User

Bloody devils drink , mix in a little Stroh Rum and u should be dead in an hour .

Mantel Registered User

Water is traditionaly used or sugar or both

Water can make some absinths taste a little worse as it dilutes the taste of the alcohol but gives a cool louche (it turns a cloudy, milky green colour.) and stops your tongue from burning off if your not used to it. Sugar is usually the best as most of them have a bitter taste.

A shot in a pint of cider is nice, especially if you have a sweet tooth and love black jacks although the smell is still quite strong.

rubadub Registered User

Yes water and sugar is the traditional mixer for that vile drink. Better off taking shots and washing it down with cold coke or bitter lemon. And don't buy that hyped up liquid squalor again, same goes for the vilest of all tequila

Attol Registered User

Sugar and Dutch Gold. It tastes kinda fruity. It was really pretty good surprisingly.

Suaimhneach Moderator

Don't drink it if you don't like it.

Personally I love the taste and burn.

Umm.

jimi_t Registered User

Fire. Threw a double on a lit barbeque before the summer and the flames nearly went above the house...

Lots of ice and sugar burnt in (look on the web for tutorials) is a good way of doing it. Or doing half shots (you won't feel that light at the end of the tunnel, constriction in your chest thing if you mix 50/50 with water).

Gone West in search of greener pastures

Ive been slowly making my way through a bottle, and I only use water and sugar.
Sometimes I spark it, but not too often, as it can get a little dangerous after a few.

Number6 Banned

Straight.

FEEL THE PAIN

Talliesin Banned

Louche it:

1. Suspend a flat triangular spoon over the glass.
  2. Place a sugarcube on the spoon.
  3. Dribble water onto the sugarcube, washing the sugar into the absinthe.

Sleepy Registered User

Talliesin
Louche it:

1. Suspend a flat triangular spoon over the glass.
  2. Place a sugarcube on the spoon.
  3. Dribble water onto the sugarcube, washing the sugar into the absinthe.

Only way to go.

And rubadub, if I hear you besmirching the good name of my darling tequila again, there'll be words...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!