simless Registered User

Don't buy anything from PC World superstore. They will rip you off. The service is terrible, they are overpriced, dishonest, insincere, greedy and incompetent. Their Galway shop is probably the worst of all. If you buy computer related products in Ireland, hardware of software, just get them abroad or on the internet (komplett.ie, K&M electronic, notebook.de). For example, in the Netherlands, the computer keyboard is also QWERTY and Windows XP is in English + you have 2 years garantee on many products.
I bought an item from PC World that was overpriced and half works. PC World claims it works perfectly: as a result won't take it back or propose any arrangement. They are just interested in taking your money but don't give a damn about you or the quality of their products. I know many people who are entirely dissatisfied with them so do not do the same mistake.

1 person has thanked this post
Nukem Moderator

Suggest editing your post or this may be locked by a mod. Cant just come on ranting and raving - suggest toning downa dn explaing your situation and edit your title too.But i do know what you mean. Pc World with you all the way

Nukem

i have no probs with them thqh.

had them pick up my laptop for repair and they had it back within the stated 10 day period in pwo again.

I r teh happy.

What did you buy? and why dosen't it work?

RobertFoster Registered User

I thought everyone knew this? Don't buy anything in Ireland because it's cheaper online (except if it's an Irish bricks and clicks business, which cost more again).

simless

I bought an item from PC World that was overpriced and half works. PC World claims it works perfectly.

What item & whats wrong with it ?

Endurance Man Registered User

Crisis m8, this is your own fault, every1 no's not to buy from them, its nothing new .

jozi Registered User

What is with people completlly slating shops cause they had a bad experience with them.

Inquitus Registered User

PC World is ****.

There is a new one near Swords, Nth Co. Dub, and I popped in the other day.

PNY 6800GT 256MB AGP yours for a bargain 490 yoyos

Generic 512MB PC-3200 130 yoyos

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9250 over 120 yoyos

Inqui

dawballz Registered User

I was in PC World in Galway about a month ago.
They had a lovely Gateway laptop, nice and small with good specs(such as 60GB hd, 512RAM, DVD+/- rw etc) for about 900EUR.

Went back there less than a week ago and they only had about 3 laptops left.

CrowdedHouse Registered User

Was in the Galway store on Wednesday,they tried to charge me €5 more than the marked price on an item despite pointing it out to them on the display.
Luckily I was in good humour at the time and didn't want to make a scene as GF was with me,I know I could have demanded it for the price,but felt sorry for young nervous checkout girl so just told them to keep it and walked out.Will never darken their door again.

Jumpy Registered User

Inquitus
PC World is ****.

There is a new one near Swords, Nth Co. Dub, and I popped in the other day.

PNY 6800GT 256MB AGP yours for a bargain 490 yoyos

Generic 512MB PC-3200 130 yoyos

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9250 over 120 yoyos

Inqui

I assume the bargain comment is Sarcasm?

A 6800GT 256 is no more than 300 at the most.

THEZAPPA Registered User

i just dont buy from there!

okidoki987 Registered User

Went back there less than a week ago and they only had about 3 laptops left.

The rest of them weren't sold, probably stolen by the local nick nacks!

monkeyfudge Registered User

CrowdedHouse
Was in the Galway store on Wednesday,they tried to charge me €5 more than the marked price on an item despite pointing it out to them on the display.
Luckily I was in good humour at the time and didn't want to make a scene as GF was with me,I know I could have demanded it for the price,but felt sorry for young nervous checkout girl so just told them to keep it and walked out.Will never darken their door again.

Actually you couldn't have demanded it for that price. Once they make you aware of the error then they are covered I'm afraid.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!