breadmonkey Registered User

As per title. I'm leaving for Canada tomorrow. Will the playstation work there assuming I'm using an adapter for the plug?

Thanks

P.S. How can I get it to work over there if the adapter isn't enough?

Captain Morgan Registered User

I'm nearlyy 100% sure that it won't. Seeing as we're PAL here and they are NTSL (is that right)

Ciaran500 Registered User

You would need some sort of transformer for the power (unless its a newer, smaller PStwo you have). The TV format over there is NTSC, the majority of PAL TV's here will play a NTSC signal. But I don't know if it is common for NTSC TV's to accept a PAL signal.

breadmonkey Registered User

I see, what exactly am I looking for and in what type of establishment would I find one?

Maplin should do the transformer. You want a 110V-220V one.

The TV will depend whats available over there.

gamer Registered User

it would be simpler just to sell your ps2 console here and buy ,a second hand 1 when u get there from a shop in canada,if you want to save money.

its too much hassle. Not all USA TVs accept PAL input. very few of them do in fact. Also their PS2's use a different Output to the TV so you would have to buy a new cable.

Euro and Canadian consoles use composite as standard.

ahh cool. Cause the USA ones (which i thought would be the same as CAN ones) dont come with the 3 RCA heads.

bombidol
ahh cool. Cause the USA ones (which i thought would be the same as CAN ones) dont come with the 3 RCA heads.

You sure? What comes with american ones? :s

The only Canadian console I got was an Xbox, I assumed America would use the same RCA leads as the one I got.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!