JCB Registered User

Hey,
Was just wondering is the biz school at UCC have a good reputation around the college, esp. for accounting? Thanks.

embraer170 Registered User

Business school, what business school? Faculty of Commerce which includes the Department of Management & Marketing and of Accounting, Finance & Information Systems.

I wouldn't say it is has any better or any worse a reputation than any other business/accounting courses in the country.

BSc Accounting is a handy three years.

Da_IRISH_ONE4U Registered User

Im thinking of doing Business information systems next year. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a good course?

nesf Registered User

Da_IRISH_ONE4U
Im thinking of doing Business information systems next year. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a good course?

Don't bold your posts please. They'll be read in normal font

My flatmate has just finished BIS, is seems to be a good course with good placement and good employment afterwards. It's a hybrid course so it doesn't tie you to either IT or Business, which is nice.

embraer170 Registered User

I very much agree with what nesf.

Also people seem to go to nice places on work placement.

solice Registered User

that they do. the people in charge in BIS seem to be very nice people. not sure of the anount of graduates that get jobs within 6 months of finishing BIS but i would imagine its quiet high

nesf Registered User

solice
that they do. the people in charge in BIS seem to be very nice people. not sure of the anount of graduates that get jobs within 6 months of finishing BIS but i would imagine its quiet high

Again, not speaking from personal experience, but there seemed to be a lot of corporate interest in the graduates this year. Many of them had jobs found before taking the final exams.

It seems like a good way into corporate work definitely. Whether one wants to do that kind of work is a seperate question altogether.

In comparisson, physics grads nearly all end up going into a postgrad. There are no Irish companies looking to hire people straight out of the degree.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!