CatInABox Moderator

Anyone else see this or this?

I know that the Inq aint exactly the best place for gaming news, and is more of a tabloid for computer stuff, but sometimes it can get it spot on.

Don't know about the first link, I'd be very surprised if that happened.

As for the second, I know that we've been hearing rumors about a "Halo X.5" for years now, but still....

CatInABox
Anyone else see this or this?

I know that the Inq aint exactly the best place for gaming news, and is more of a tabloid for computer stuff, but sometimes it can get it spot on.

Don't know about the first link, I'd be very surprised if that happened.

As for the second, I know that we've been hearing rumors about a "Halo X.5" for years now, but still....

it makes sense that it would be back wards compatable, since it is running a version of Windows CE with DirectX .. as far as I know there is very little hitting the hardware like there was in the old days of consoles. The processor is not an Intel though, so there might be some emulation going on, or possibly a small Intel chip included, like they did with the Gameboy Advance (it contained an original gameboy CPU as well as its CPU)

silverlining Registered User

The first article is correct as far as I know. Halo2.5 on the HD was mentioned a while back and will be almost the same game as Halo2 but with better graphics and a more polished storyline. As for backwards compatibility it has to be software based as I dont think MS could get Nvidia to supply them with the geforce 3 chips present in the current xbox especially since ATI are making the new graphics chip. It's gonna be some beast if it can emulate that though.

The backwards compat will have to be emulation based as since ms turned and went with ati for the new box nvidia wouldn't give them the patents for the xbox grapchics chip. With the difference in processing power though, xbox running at 733mhz and the new box running in a cluster of 3 3.5ghz processors it has ample room to play any xbox games emulated at full speed.
Also it makes it easier that its an xbox version of windows ce and direct x...

Oh and i take it we have all seen this: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000293041091/

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!