LIGHTNING Moderator

SyxPak
The dreamcast was not an excellent machine.
It was a half-cast between a PC, PDA and a console.

You dont know what your talking about! The dreamcast had at the time compared to the PS2 a much better games library.In fact most of the games have now been converted to xbox/ps2.And your calling it a half cast??? The xbox is just a PC in a small box complete with an intel cpu,nvidia gpu and hard disk! and i have no idea where you are getting that PDA idea from? Did you carry your dreamcast around with you?

dearg_doom Registered User

SyxPak, you sir are wrong!

The DC was, and still is, a class machine with some of the most original games I've ever seen!!

What originality?? MSR, Space Channel5, Shenmue... etc

I only wish I knew how good it was while it was still alive, maybe if more people did it wouldn't have died so young

TerrorFirmer Registered User

Coz I remember right, playing re4, and blowing zombies brains all over the walls, that I should really leave his type of tomfoolery to kids and play fifa instead with teh grownups...... LOL

Not exactly a valid point, seeing as Nintendo did not make that game. What the original poster said is largely correct - NINTENDO rarely venture into the gory or indeed anyway realistically violent side of games. In fact, have they ever? Its only the 3rd parties. Unless, of course, the original poster meant that the nintendo console produces games for 5 year olds.

And about the dreamcast - how an Earth do you call it a PDA? Was there a belt add on or something you got that we missed out on....?

Dreamcast was and pretty much and still is a great machine, they brought us some of the best games ever like Soul Caliber and Shemue, both of which are now excellent and popular games on the Ps2/X-box.

So sad it died so quickly. I know someone who paid about £200 for it to have it reduced to about £75 a week or two after - and he'd been saving up for ages.

JC 2K3 Registered User

SyxPak
The dreamcast was not an excellent machine.
It was a half-cast between a PC, PDA and a console.

Idiot.

It was so much better than PS2, Internet out of the box, (slightly)better graphics, more original games etc. the hype around PS2 was just too much.

what you are saying about the graphics is pure bull**** it didnt have a card and processor even half as advanced as the ps2 and wow internet out of the box when u have to pay a ****load for it the ps2 has loads of original games so tht point was useless lol

ShiverinEskimo Hosted Moderator

Dreamcast was the nuts. I could play 4 player virtual tennis 2 forever. 1 game i loved, but what a game. Also coul caliber was far better than the tekken series put together. Helluva a beat-em-up.
I hope this will not degenerate into a ps2 versus the world argument. All have ups and downs - i hate people who write a console off because it is not the one they own. Hateful bastards.

LIGHTNING Moderator

Jakkass
what you are saying about the graphics is pure bull**** it didnt have a card and processor even half as advanced as the ps2 and wow internet out of the box when u have to pay a ****load for it the ps2 has loads of original games so tht point was useless lol

I could post a screen of F355 which looks stunning even compared to PC racing games.Considering the PS2 was technically more powerful it still has a Big Flaw, have you seen it try to anti-alias the edge of textures? Its why PS2 games look so rough. That said I`m not a big PS2 basher but I just dont like Sony in general making console owners pay so they can use four controllers and cable extenders! Who are they BMW??

jesus_thats_gre Registered User

ShiverinEskimo
Dreamcast was the nuts. I could play 4 player virtual tennis 2 forever. 1 game i loved, but what a game. Also coul caliber was far better than the tekken series put together. Helluva a beat-em-up.
I hope this will not degenerate into a ps2 versus the world argument. All have ups and downs - i hate people who write a console off because it is not the one they own. Hateful bastards.

here here...

kinkstr Registered User

Korvanica
nintendo make games for 5 year olds

I very rarely slate people but that has to be one of the un-intelligent comments i have ever read, i cant even be bothered naming some of the excellent Nintendo games(which arent for fookin 5 year olds).
MuppetKnickers

RE*AC*TOR Registered User

I have a feeling the xbox2 might turn out to be a bit of a white elephant. They're pushing the HDTV aspect an awful lot, but in reality the uptake of HDTV is quite slow. So maybe 1% of potential xbox2 users might benefit from that. Meanwhile the desicion to opt for DVD9 may be a long-term limiting factor. I think they have their priorities hugely wrong on this one. But time will tell.

Hyzepher ... and relax.

RE*AC*TOR
I have a feeling the xbox2 might turn out to be a bit of a white elephant. They're pushing the HDTV aspect an awful lot, but in reality the uptake of HDTV is quite slow. So maybe 1% of potential xbox2 users might benefit from that. Meanwhile the desicion to opt for DVD9 may be a long-term limiting factor. I think they have their priorities hugely wrong on this one. But time will tell.

In the US HDTV is far more advanced than here. The inclusion of HDTV is a very wise decision as 720p games should enhance the quality of the visual aspect. With Sky launching HDTV in the next couple of years we should see a greater uptake in HDTV sets in Europe.

DVD9 is a no brainer for MS. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are in their infancy and their is no guarentee that there will be significant uptake of these formats during the lifespan of xbox2 (4-5 years from launch). Dual layer DVD9 will give developers more space than they have currently so game development wont suffer. They are just taking a risk with regeards to dvd playback and to be honest I dont think it will hurt them.

Hyzepher

boy1er1990 Banned

I have to admit i do like the first pic but all i know is that it will not look like the 2 or 3rd pic. it might look like the first one i dont know

Ps
GOOD POINT ABOUT NINTENDO BEING MADE FOR KIDS(5 YEAR OLDS)

pS2 AND XBOX AND ALSO PC'S
ROCK THIS WORLD!!

If it werent for gta grand theft auto, we would probaly be all dead right now!! true story!!

boy1er1990 Banned

I agree xbox graphics at the moment are better than ps2!!!

Thats a fact to EVERYONE around the world!!!

this fact CAN NEVER EVER NEVER!! be destroyed!!!

I got a ps2 xbox and pc
Best are::

Pc: Games avlabile 10/10, graphics (of games) 10/10 Gameplay 9/10
Xbox: games avliable 8/10 , graphics 9/10 gameplay 10/10
Ps2: games avliable 8/10, graphics 8/10 gameplay 9/10

Ps2+graphics: the graphics seem to be fussy on the ps2 and not very claer>
it has its graphics atmoments_ i will give it that but its very dark and dull at some points, the sound of the ps2 is OK i suppose. you get tired and bored very quick of games on the ps2, where as xbox and pc you could play the same game than ps2 for months longer!!

Goodshape Registered User

boy1er1990
GOOD POINT ABOUT NINTENDO BEING MADE FOR KIDS(5 YEAR OLDS)

Explain to me how you know this when...

boy1er1990
I got a ps2 xbox and pc

I assume from the '1990' in your name that you're about 15 years old, so perhaps you could also explain to me why it's generally the older users who are the strongest advocates of the big N?

But then, I guess you are the target market. Good luck with that.

A pc gamer for years, still think, actually not think its just pure fact when it comes to a high end pc you just can't beat it. Problem is thats €2,000 worth!!!

Console, xbox is a great machine, the ps2 a good machines. the xbox in my opinion far out stripping the ps2 it both graphics and sound.

As for the dreamcast argument in here, the dreamcast had a much better graphics chip than the ps2 and was a superior machine in every sence. The only problem was woeful marketing by Sega as opposed to brilliant marketing by Sony. The fact that you also have to look at is that Sony had I think the highest penetration per population of any gaming console in history so most ps1 owners followed like sheep into the ps2 world.
Others looked elsewhere and went for the xbox.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!