Silvera Registered User

Have any motor maufacturers/maindealers/motor factors in Ireland stated that they will provide permanent stickers, for speedo dials, due to the new metric changes ?

i.e. a transparent sticker with kms marked on it, which you would simply stick onto the dashboard cover directly over the speedo.

[CrimsonGhost] Registered User

Every house is getting delivery of a little card with details and it includes 2 stickers for your dash with conversions on it. Not exactly what you're looking for I know, but it should suffice.

CJhaughey Registered User

Silvera
I would say you would be better to buy a proper Km speedo face and get it fitted.

CrowdedHouse Registered User

Silvera...to hell with it..buy an 05 !!

FX Meister Registered User

Surely to get a KM dash fitted would cost quite a bit? Isn't in pretty labour intensive to get to that past of the dash.

Alun Registered User

Seriously, folks, you'll get used to the equivalents after a few days, believe me. Haven't any of you driven on the continent before?

Chalk Registered User

just use a calculator like that chap on the news said,
theres probably one on your phone........

Clinical Waste Registered User

Chalk
just use a calculator like that chap on the news said,
theres probably one on your phone........

And if you can text whilst driving should be no prob using the calc....

egan007 Registered User

.....it's not that hard to see the KMph on the dash, anyway you can still drive in Miles ph!!!

kbannon Où est le Centre de Georges Pompidou?

Silvera
Have any motor maufacturers/maindealers/motor factors in Ireland stated that they will provide permanent stickers, for speedo dials, due to the new metric changes ?

i.e. a transparent sticker with kms marked on it, which you would simply stick onto the dashboard cover directly over the speedo.
Just thinking - unless the motor factors stock model specific stickers then they will be of no use. Also when putting the stickers on, will these be on the glass of the instrument cluster on on the actual dial? If they are on the glass then there could well be inaccuracies because people won't line them up correctly.

loyatemu Registered User

yeah - they would be inaccurate due to the parallax effect (i think)

any the equivalents are very easy to remember
50k=30m
60k=40m (actually 37)
80k=50m
100k=60m
120k=75m

the 60k limit is the one to be careful with as its slightly less than the previous equivalent, but then again the chance of being clocked going 3 mph over the limit (or indeed going any amount over the limit or committing any other motoring offence) is very small.

loyatemu
then again the chance of being clocked going 3 mph over the limit (or indeed going any amount over the limit or committing any other motoring offence) is very small.
not according to some recent posts here!

D!ve^Bomb! Banned

so will the guards be a little more leniant when it comes to drivers who are slightly over the limit when this thing comes into play?

I would doubt it - it is a great opportunity for them to flex their muscles!

FX Meister Registered User

loyatemu
but then again the chance of being clocked going 3 mph over the limit (or indeed going any amount over the limit or committing any other motoring offence) is very small.

I got a ticket for doing 43 in a 40 zone. Woops

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!