raxy Registered User

If your thinking now it may be too cramped then it probably will be.
I was surprised how hard we found it to get a corner sofa that would fit in our sitting room. The room is an ok size overall but a bit to narrow.
I'd do the drawings yourself first before paying anyone so you have a better idea of what you want first. Or even post dimensions here.

Samuel T. Cogley Registered User

listermint said:
Followed your own advice....

Who pays 10k for landscaping.

That's not advice that is a head scratcher

Materials were a good part of that and a week on site, went with the lowest quote. Don't hate cos I've nice big gardens living on me coucil estate

Just as an indication of size - although I'm a new build on the end, the other end managed to get 3 houses on the end of his all with front and back gardens.

LirW Registered User

Fair enough Samuel, my garden is significantly smaller than that, so it shows again there are a lot of variables.

OP, something else I might say: we did some renovation work a year ago, plumbing, rewiring, new kitchen etc.
There's a big difference on how people approach things and what they include in their quote, you need to go through every quote of work carefully. I had 3 plumbers here giving me 3 different prices and 3 different approaches, I ended up going with the most expensive quote because it was the most wholesome quote and I had the best feeling about them.
Recommendations from friends and family that recently got work done is worth a lot, we moved into a new area and didn't know anyone, so had to figure it out all on our own and it certainly wasn't easy.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!