yellowhouse Registered User

Hi all,

I am just curious. I know this is a difficult question and there are alot of variables but can someone give me an indication as to what would be the average pension a civil servant ( example a HEO or AO or AP) would get after 30 years of service ??

Ballpark

Riskymove Registered User

yellowhouse said:
Hi all,

I am just curious. I know this is a difficult question and there are alot of variables but can someone give me an indication as to what would be the average pension a civil servant ( example a HEO or AO or AP) would get after 30 years of service ??

Ballpark

if they retired after 60 with 30 years today

a HEO at top of scale would get a pension of 22,000 or so

relax carry on Registered User

yellowhouse said:
Hi all,

Ballpark

Play around with the figures here.

http://www.cspensions.gov.ie/modellers.asp

Americaninexile Registered User

Riskymove said:
if they retired after 60 with 30 years today

a HEO at top of scale would get a pension of 22,000 or so

Of which approx 12,000 would be the contributory OAP.

So basically €10,000.

1 person has thanked this post

Americaninexile said:
Of which approx 12,000 would be the contributory OAP.

So basically €10,000.

No
Someone retiring today with 30 years would be pre1995 so would get the 22000

RIALTO1 Registered User

yellowhouse
I am just curious. I know this is a difficult question and there are alot of variables but can someone give me an indication as to what would be the average pension a civil servant ( example, pp 8a HEO or AO or AP) would get after 30 years of service ??
dryad

Pipmae Registered User

pre-1995 scheme

(Salary x Service) / 80

EG

(€50,000 x 30 years)/ 80 = €18,750 pension per annum

kceire Moderator

Riskymove said:
No
Someone retiring today with 30 years would be pre1995 so would get the 22000

But wouldn’t get the state OAP so still 22k?

JKerova1 Registered User

What's the difference say between Garda/Prison Service pension and Civil Service? I heard somewhere that the old Garda/Prison pension was way better than the current one.

Sir Ophiuchus Registered User

JKerova1 said:
What's the difference say between Garda/Prison Service pension and Civil Service? I heard somewhere that the old Garda/Prison pension was way better than the current one.

Those jobs accrued pension at double rate, so 5 years in the Prison Service counted as 10 for pension purposes.

No idea how it works now.

kceire said:
But wouldn’t get the state OAP so still 22k?

yes but its 22k from the day they retire

in the future people would get only 10k from day of retirement and a further 12k whenever they get OAP (at age 68 or 70 or whatever)

JKerova1 said:

Generally Gardaan retire from age 50 with 30 years service so it is an accelerated pension

their pension is based on half salary plus 25% of any allowances

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!