Deebles McBeebles Registered User

Can't believe this is a thing in 2018 but there you go.

"Does Satan want to destroy the human person? Of course he does. Not only the Church, but anywhere and everywhere that he will get in."
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bishop-to-set-up-exorcism-ministry-as-he-warns-of-the-evils-of-reiki-37403224.html

Not posted as an invite to bash the Catholic church (we've all been there) but just to put it out there that this exists. Watch out for Reiki healers by the way, not only are they full of sh*t but they also empower the devil.

1 person has thanked this post
Berties_Horse Registered User

You forgot your bongo drum.

Twenty Grand Registered User

He said he was told by the brother of a reiki master that the man was "working on somebody one day when he actually says he saw a vision of Satan" and was "scared out of his wits, dropped the reiki and went back to the Church"

What the actual f*ck is going on when these people have positions of power. If he didn't have a white collar he'd be sectioned and removed from society.

6 people have thanked this post
super_furry Registered User

Your mother cooks socks in hell!

selwyn froggitt Registered User

My Dad was known as 'The Exorcist' - invite him to your house and all the spirits disappear!

23 people have thanked this post
orourkeda1977 Registered User

GO ON THE DEVIL

RiderOnTheStorm Registered User

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didnt exist.

Sycamore Tree Registered User

Do the Vatican still preach about Satan and his existance? I thought they stopped doing that a while back.

Crazy stuff really. The Roman organization make themselves less and less relevant/credible with each passing day. They cant help it.

RiderOnTheStorm said:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didnt exist.

He's doing a hell of a job. No pun intended.

suicide_circus Registered User

super_furry said:
Your mother cooks socks in hell!

one of the best lines in cinema, still used regularly enough in my social circle

Sycamore Tree said:
Do the Vatican still preach about Satan and his existance? I thought they stopped doing that a while back.

Crazy stuff really. The Roman organization make themselves less and less relevant/credible with each passing day. They cant help it.

It sure seems like they are.

He said he "absolutely" agreed with Pope Francis's view that child abuse is caused by Satan.
"Since day one, Pope Francis has been talking about the action of Satan. I have got several requests from people, one lady for example who is involved in counselling, I don't know if she's Catholic or what, but she's coming across things in people which she cannot deal with, and she knows that it's beyond psychological."

That last bit is very interesting as it seems to equate mental health issues with old fairytales like the devil.

4 people have thanked this post
wexie Registered User

I guess at least he's saying that reiki is real, albeit it in a roundabout and backhanded way...

the bishop said: "You're channelling energies, in inverted commas, you could well be opening yourself up to letting a spirit in which is not good and is dangerous stuff, actually."

seamus Dental Plan!

I love when they come out with stuff about Satan and energies and demons. Against the background of the modern world, it really makes them stand out as complete lunatics and charlatans.

3 people have thanked this post
wexie Registered User

Deebles McBeebles said:

That last bit is very interesting as it seems to equate mental health issues with old fairytales like the devil.

That's just what you'd want to hear, oh those voices you're hearing? That's not schizophrenia at all, it's the devil....

2 people have thanked this post
selwyn froggitt Registered User

Whatever possessed you to start this thread OP?

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!