Rhineshark Registered User

EmptyTree said:
I really don't get this whole thing of people getting it in the neck for saying it was a non event in their area. Their observation that it was a non event for them is just as valid as the person whose car was found upside down a mile down the road and their house was blown inside out.

The problem is not so much people saying it was a non-event in their area so much as the people for whom nothing outside their immediate line of sight actually exists saying that because it was a non-event for them, it was a non-event everywhere. Those people are annoying and apparently lack object permanence.

Edit; mind you, I'd certainly be more interested in the post regarding a house being blown inside out than I would be by a breathless post saying nothing's happened!

4 people have thanked this post
Whiplashy Registered User

Rodar08 said:
The cynic in you would want a word with himself. What an awful thing to say jeez. I went to work but kept my daughter home from school. We haven’t been hit yet but apparently it’s still on it’s way here. I erred on the side of caution. Every other week as he’s on shifts, my husband gets her up ready and takes her to school. Generalising much???

Over sensitive much???? I referenced my area, and the conditions in my area! I never said it was the same nation wide!

yeahimhere Registered User

Just picked up in the last 30 mins in Dundalk. Not crazy, but still not looking forward to popping out to get my lunch.

Cantona's Collars Registered User

Wind almost died down completely here in Wexford,heavy rain for the last hour though.

Amprodude Registered User

Ultimate Seduction said:
Bigger winds have passed through the cheeks of my arse!

A1. People get carried away and hype it up to the last.

pad199207 Registered User

Absolutely pelting down in Wexford the last hour or two. Rain more of an issue here then the wind. Flooding at the driveway gates.

Pintman Paddy Losty Registered User

The disaster junkies here must be very disappointed with this. A wet and windy day is all it was. People here jizzing themselves and circle jerking about how severe it was going to be.

Amprodude Registered User

we love hype in Ireland.

no.8 Registered User

Pintman Paddy Losty
The disaster junkies here must be very disappointed with this. A wet and windy day is all it was. People here jizzing themselves and circle jerking about how severe it was going to be.

Mod. Can you please remove this pointless comment.

1 person has thanked this post
Mooooo Registered User

Lads giving out about warning, it totally depends on where you are. Last night this morning was nowhere near Ophelia but power and phone lines were down round here along with trees on some roads. A lot of trees are weakened after previous storms and the drought this year so it won't take much to knock em and generally they do a lot of the damage or disruption

no.8 Registered User

Mod(s). Can you please get the thread back in line with technical weather discussions. There are numerous people posting bravado comments with no real input and who likely live in regions which were not subject to severe weather. Many seem unable to stop themselves from posting rubbish.

Ye it wasn't windy or windy enough for you where you were, so what!!! It's a warning system, not enforced martial law

13 people have thanked this post
Sardonicat Registered User

Pintman Paddy Losty said:

Personally, I'm pleased I took precautions with bins, kennels etc in garden and secured them in the shed . I also told my Dad's home help to not come in to us at 8 am this morning. She lives coastally and would have to leave her house at 7 am, when it was still quite wild.

It may be a wet and windy day now. But it was pretty wild overnight. I'd rather have the best information I can get and decide for myself what if any precautions to take. I'm relieved, not disappointed.

Andy From Sligo Registered User

no.8 said:
Mod(s). Can you please get the thread back in line with technical weather discussions. There are numerous people posting bravado comments with no real input and who likely live in regions which were not subject to severe weather. Many seem unable to stop themselves from posting rubbish.

Ye it wasn't windy or windy enough for you where you were, so what!!! It's a warning system, not enforced martial law

er this is the Non Technical Discussion thread

just saying like

10 people have thanked this post
Andy From Sligo Registered User

it turned out to be a Damp Squid were I am situated - the warnings given out were very Fishy

Doctor Jimbob Registered User

Andy From Sligo said:
er this is the Non Technical Discussion thread

just saying like

In fairness I think that post got moved here along with a few others.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!