Carnmore Registered User

Does anyone know if there's anywhere secure a bike can be left around Dublin port for a couple of hours?

tabbey Registered User

Even more,we need cycle spaces for ferry passengers, for days / weeks.

Stena and Irish Ferries should be required to provide cycle parking, either themselves or through the Port Company.

1 person has thanked this post
Victor Registered User

Carnmore said:
Does anyone know if there's anywhere secure a bike can be left around Dublin port for a couple of hours?

The port is a huge area - it's 5.5 km from the container terminal to the ferries. Surely it depends on where you are going?

beauf Registered User

I'd be surprised if there is. Half of it looks derelict. Lots of security around you could ask them. Though they might not want bikes left chained at random around the place. There's a high level of policing around ports.

Carnmore Registered User

It'll be around the Thomas Clark Bridge

bigar Registered User

Carnmore said:
It'll be around the Thomas Clark Bridge

Had to look up the name, for me it is still the East Link .

Anyway, there are some bicycle parking places in North Wall Avenue and then further down at the Luas stop.

beauf Registered User

Bicycle Racks outside the Gibson. Don't know if they have similar in the car park underneath

loyatemu Registered User

tabbey said:
Even more,we need cycle spaces for ferry passengers, for days / weeks.

Stena and Irish Ferries should be required to provide cycle parking, either themselves or through the Port Company.

how many people cycle to the ferry, and then don't cycle onto it?

Alun Registered User

loyatemu said:
how many people cycle to the ferry, and then don't cycle onto it?

Not many, clearly ...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3457513,-6.1945101,3a,28.3y,189.55h,87.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2kNLcZpT355lo70yX8soQw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!