pajoemccracken Registered User
#1

Hi,
BG brand Double USB sockets for €8.50 in Woodies Limerick in store.
loads of stock
Should be nationwide.
3.1 Amps shared.
Nice quality IMO.
Bought 6.
Pretty good reviews on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Electrical-Double-Socket-sockets/dp/B01MZ2DRR9?th=1

Attachments
BG USB sockets.jpg
3 people have thanked this post
RobertFoster Registered User
#2

pajoemccracken said:
Should be nationwide.

It's on the Woodie's website too, €5 delivery*: https://www.woodies.ie/masterplug-2-gang-13a-switched-socket-with-2-x-usb-1133844

*"FREE delivery will be provided on all Orders in excess of €470."

1 person has thanked this post
maik3n Registered User
#3

RobertFoster said:
It's on the Woodie's website too, €5 delivery*: https://www.woodies.ie/masterplug-2-gang-13a-switched-socket-with-2-x-usb-1133844

*"FREE delivery will be provided on all Orders in excess of €470."
Are we getting crossed wires here (pardon the pun)

OP mentions a BG offer but the above link is for masterplug.
I guess it's probably much the same anywho and Masterplug are a known/reputable brand.

RobertFoster Registered User
#4

maik3n said:
Are we getting crossed wires here (pardon the pun)

OP mentions a BG offer but the above link is for masterplug.
I guess it's probably much the same anywho and Masterplug are a known/reputable brand.

The attached image in the OP says Masterplug with the product code 1133844 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NobodyImportant Registered User
#5

I have a good few of these already in the house, they have them a long time at €10. Pretty good quality.

maik3n Registered User
#6

pajoemccracken said:
Hi,
BG brand Double USB sockets for €8.50 in Woodies Limerick in store.
loads of stock
Should be nationwide.
3.1 Amps shared.
Nice quality IMO.
Bought 6.
Pretty good reviews on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Electrical-Double-Socket-sockets/dp/B01MZ2DRR9?th=1




RobertFoster said:
The attached image in the OP says Masterplug with the product code 1133844 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Multiple wires crossed then.
I probably should have checked the image.

rubadub Registered User
#7

Spec sheet on it here
https://www.bgelectrical.uk/public/downloads/data-sheets/usb/double-13-amp-socket-outlet-with-usb-charger-900-series.pdf

I wondered what the standby power was on these. claims to be <75mW

Johnny Dogs Registered User
#8

Will these replace the need to have a phone charger for tablets/phones?

I have quick chargers for Samsung notes/galaxy's.


I'm guessing these will slow charge them?

1 person has thanked this post
GarIT Registered User
#9

Johnny Dogs said:
Will these replace the need to have a phone charger for tablets/phones?

I have quick chargers for Samsung notes/galaxy's.


I'm guessing these will slow charge them?


Quick chargers are getting quicker, if you have a OnePlus 3 or later these will charge your phone at 1/4 of the speed of your normal charger.

For a galaxy it will charge at between 1/2 and 1/3 of the normal speed.

USB A is in the process of being phased out and being replaced by USB C. It's probably a while away but by 2025 you won't be able to use these. I think there are even some phones already that have USB C on both the phone side and the charger side.

1 person has thanked this post
Absoluvely Registered User
#10

GarIT said:
I think there are even some phones already that have USB C on both the phone side and the charger side.


Pixel 2

AS1890 Registered User
#11

Absoluvely said:
Pixel 2


Nest Outdoor iQ Camera has Type C both ends too. More devices should have it.

1 person has thanked this post
toby2111 Registered User
#12

This might be a stupid question but I thought I read this somewere - Do these USB sockets stop charging when your device is fully charged? And then the battery could drain? Unlike the quick chargers that keep it at 100%.

GarIT Registered User
#13

toby2111 said:
This might be a stupid question but I thought I read this somewere - Do these USB sockets stop charging when your device is fully charged? And then the battery could drain? Unlike the quick chargers that keep it at 100%.


That's controlled by your phone

pawrick Registered User
#14

Bought two of these to try out last time they were reduced to 8 euro in woodies, they seem fine but they are incredably slow compared to a fast charger.

ted1 Registered User
#15

I put one in the other day. Deffo not 3.1A. Very low power output= slow charging

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!