Tush155 Registered User

RayCun said:
You could get red LUAS to abbey street and green LUAS to Dawson Street or Stephen's Green.

What’s closest stop for green line? O’Connell upper?

RayCun Registered User

Tush155 said:
What’s closest stop for green line? O’Connell upper?

You're going south, so the Marlborough street stop

Losty Dublin Registered User

RayCun said:
The only part of the South Circular closed is the stretch between Rialto and Dolphins Barn, most of it is open all day.

Ushers Quay and some streets in the south inner city are closed between 8.45 and 10.30.

All routes from Heuston will be open until about 8.30 .

SCR is closed off from Kilmainham to Donore Avenue junction; the marathon comes up from Inchicore village. It’s usually gone from 9 until about 2PM. I happen to have lived in Dublin 8 for about 40 years so I am speaking from experience Traffic can get to and from Heuston onwards from 11ish but as I mentioned, towards Cook Street and Thomas Street will be chaotic with buses and general traffic until after lunchtime.

RayCun Registered User

Losty Dublin said:
SCR is closed off from Kilmainham to Donore Avenue junction; the marathon comes up from Inchicore village. It’s usually gone from 9 until about 2PM.

From Kilmainham, yes, you're right, but to Dolphins Barn/Cork Street, not Donore Avenue.
So less than half of the South Circular.

Losty Dublin Registered User

RayCun said:
From Kilmainham, yes, you're right, but to Dolphins Barn/Cork Street, not Donore Avenue.
So less than half of the South Circular.

Having lived in the area all my life I can assure you that the South Circular Road was closed off that far, and manned by Gards. Disbelieve me if you must, but there ya go

RayCun Registered User

Losty Dublin said:
Having lived in the area all my life I can assure you that the South Circular Road was closed off that far, and manned by Gards. Disbelieve me if you must, but there ya go

In some places (such as Whitehall Road, when the route is Kimmage Road West) they have an early roadblock - to warn people that the through road is closed and send them on a diversion - but local access is possible.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!