TechnoFreek Registered User

Many moons ago, I posted a thread documenting the top to bottom restoration of my Atomiswave SD arcade cabinet.

Since then, I've been playing it (not as much as I would like!) but also collecting * bits of hardware and artwork etc to accompany it.

I thought folks on here might be interested to see what I got.

Part 1 of the journey here:
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92906211

* An alcoholic once told me "women hoard, men collect".

1 person has thanked this post

First up, is the hardware.

My main piece of kit is a pc running Hyperspin and Groovymame. Groovymame is a must if you're connectig to a crt and offers silky smooth scrolling. You can see this at the end of the below video on the mk2 battle ladder.

The pc is in afractal case with a really quiet scythe cpu fan. the gfx is a radeon 4890 which was the max spec card groovymame supported at the time.

Also in there is the obligatory jpac and a sound amp to gte stereo from the pc in to the cab speakers.

Quick video below for anyone interested. Shaky cam ahead!

Next is the latest addition, just arrived this week. Atomiswave mobo and a few genuine games.

Don't really plan on investing much more in this system but they were too cheap to turn down

Next is the Naomi 1 with 256mb netdimm running with a pi3 hooked up to it running NaomiPi. This is real elegant solution that lets you put all the Naomi games on an sd card in the pi and select trough your mobile browser.
It also plays Atomiswave game dumps too!

If you can stretch to a Naomi 2 and 512mb net dimm, you can play the entire Naomi library

Not going to be everyon'e cup of tea but I spent a lot of time playing Moartal Kombat in the arcades and on home console back in the day. So I have the MK1, MK2 and UMK3 boards respectively.

Last but by no means least, an MVS running a 161 in one cart.

This is a top class system and a quick and easy way to get a lot of (mostly) quality games up and running in your cab.
A must have although mame does a quality job emualting the Neo Geo if you're so inclined.

Here's a little curio for you. An Atomiswave branded router for the ill fated AW-Net system.

2 people have thanked this post

Another interesting item. Joysticks with balltops shaped like American footballs. These will designed to accompany the Atomiswave game Dirty Pigskin Football that was released in the US. The Atomiswave cabs over there are a different shape, upright. This joysticks are obnoxiously large and a curio only. Yuck!

Who doesn't like cardboard boxes, especially if one of them is empty!

The first few pics relate to an Atomiswave horse racing game. The artwork is printed in to metal. I think there was a bespoke cabinet for this game in Japan that wasn't the Atomiswave SD.

The smaller box is for the Rumle Fish 2 cart. Lucky it is empty. You'd have to remortgage the house to afford one of those!

Atomiswave game artwork. A pretty decent collection I have here. Condition of these is ok. Nothing minty, all have seen action.

The odd cart and manual included as well!

Some Atomiswave manuals, mostly hardware related and other tat!

IC cards next. These were used in the card reader in the one player panel over the Aw-net system. Only a few games supported it. Cards mostly stored high score I think and unlocked some characters.

Any Atomiswave, including my own is missing the cable from the card reader that connects to who knows what! That's a part of the undocumented Atomiswave puzzle I could never figure out.

First ones up are for Neo Geo Battle Colisuem. Only four cards that I've ever seen and here they are!

Guilty Gear Isuka cards. Think this might be a complete set. I've never seen any others and there is one per character from the character select screen. Notice how some of the cards pair up and the background spans both.

Last lot of cards. King of Fighters Neowave.
There is also a cool official wallet to store them in.

This collection is defo not complete, I have seen others. I'd say I'm close to a complete set though.

A bonus.
Some IC card related images. They're not cards themselves but I think came with a card when purchased. Includes instructions for use.

The top right card might actually be telephone credit.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!