dr.fuzzenstein Registered User
#271

Wibbs said:
Unfortunately all too true. The same Nazi's were seen as a minor league joke by the German Left and Centre and described as mindless uneducated thugs. Until they were no longer a joke.


It's kind of my point. AfD and Pegida work by the same principle.
You just need a mantra.
"We need to do something, our country is under attack by (insert ethnic group of your (dis)liking here)! The country is in tatters and only we know how to fix it! Vote for us and we'll have this mess sorted pronto! And we'll get rid of a few people we don't like along the way"
No actual fixes are presented, other than blaming migrants or minority group.
This is nothing but a cynical ploy to garner votes.
I never said the right wing parties where stupid, it's more the right wing voters that are the problem, because they keep bying the same snakeoil and utter Horsescutter over and over again.

If you just stand before a group of people, puff yourself up and address the them in a loud, authoratiarian voice, oozing self-confience and keep repeating the above mantra over and over again, you WILL get votes.
People don't like to think for themselves. They just want someone to stand in front of them and deliver easy answers and scapegoats.

People keep falling for this sh*t over and over again. It's not just stupidity, it's (by definition) madness.

2 people have thanked this post
super_furry Registered User
#272

There sometimes seems like there's a weird concerted effort to spread this far-right thinking here in After Hours and it's really not apparent anywhere else in Irish society, apart from maybe the comment section of The Journal.

7 people have thanked this post
Chris_Heilong Registered User
#273

super_furry said:
There sometimes seems like there's a weird concerted effort to spread this far-right thinking here in After Hours and it's really not apparent anywhere else in Irish society, apart from maybe the comment section of The Journal.


Any logical thinking adult would see the absolute sh*t show going on over on the left(Mostly related to PC culture) and not want to associate with that, many normal people do not know any better but the left try so desperately to prove they are correct maybe due to an insecure position as is proved on this thread with the constant posting from certain people with almost no content, this is not a game of 'last word' validates your opinion.

I blame the educational institutions who seem to have adopted the Marxist view of 'Change the world' and not the correct view which is 'Seek Truth'.

Here is an example of how ridiculous academia has become, a few Students who wanted to test how far they could push the extremely liberal Universities, They took Mein Kampf and switched out some of the words with Feminist buzzwords then submitted their paper to a journal for publishing and it was accepted

2 people have thanked this post
DEFTLEFTHAND Registered User
#274

Most people opposing this extreme SJW weirdness are not some sort of far right loon.

You've all sorts of people rallying against it, classical liberals, libertarians, conservatives.

9 people have thanked this post
Matt Barrett Registered User
#275

The best trick is having a right wing government you support, do something you don't like and blaming the left, while continuing to support the very shower responsible.

super_furry Registered User
#276

Chris_Heilong said:
Any logical thinking adult would see the absolute sh*t show going on over on the left(Mostly related to PC culture) and not want to associate with that, many normal people do not know any better but the left try so desperately to prove they are correct maybe due to an insecure position as is proved on this thread with the constant posting from certain people with almost no content, this is not a game of 'last word' validates your opinion.

I blame the educational institutions who seem to have adopted the Marxist view of 'Change the world' and not the correct view which is 'Seek Truth'.

Here is an example of how ridiculous academia has become, a few Students who wanted to test how far they could push the extremely liberal Universities, They took Mein Kampf and switched out some of the words with Feminist buzzwords then submitted their paper to a journal for publishing and it was accepted



How is any of that relevant in Irish life or Irish society?

There's so many people who have wrapped up their persona in online American politics and in following American politcal YouTubers and writers that they assume that this whole American left wing/right wing, republican/democrat, SJW/alt-right, nonsense is transferable to Irish life. It's not.

6 people have thanked this post
Wibbs Wibbed for your pleasure
#277

dr.fuzzenstein said:
People don't like to think for themselves. They just want someone to stand in front of them and deliver easy answers and scapegoats.
Hardly exclusive to the hard Right types. The hard Left are just as gullible and just as keen on scapegoats.

6 people have thanked this post
Widdershins Registered User
#278

Either you or ''The Left'' need to ''recognise'' the difference between sex and gender.
Right there is a prime example of why people dislike the current Leftist politics. It's completely illogical and yet arrogant with it.

4 people have thanked this post
Danzy Registered User
#279

super_furry said:
There sometimes seems like there's a weird concerted effort to spread this far-right thinking here in After Hours and it's really not apparent anywhere else in Irish society, apart from maybe the comment section of The Journal.


I guess you'll blame that conspiracy on Mossad.

Always easier to pretend it is all a concerted effort. Couldn't be others think different

Shalom.

dr.fuzzenstein Registered User
#280

super_furry said:
There sometimes seems like there's a weird concerted effort to spread this far-right thinking here in After Hours and it's really not apparent anywhere else in Irish society, apart from maybe the comment section of The Journal.


There is a definite rise of far right-wing populist governments in Europe:
(Note, I am talking about the loony fringe here)*

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36130006



Based on what? Well, the crash in 2008 (courtesy of one George W Bush) brought economic hardship and anyone standing up and shouting that it's all the fault of those dirty immigrants and if we vote for them, all our problems will disappear and we'll get back the shiny, plastic-fantastic world of the 1950's in glorious technicolor, netted themselves a nice bunch of votes.
And we'll sort out those queers and womenfolk who are getting a little too big for their boots anyway.

Reality WILL show that they are all rat-catchers and economic imbeciles. You disagree? Italy.
It's not that these people are stupid, but they are also not intelligent. They are devious, power-hungry, controlling and a bunch of psychopaths mostly. The rest are just happy to run along because they want to be on the "winning" side for once.
And their voters are either simpletons who believe anyone who just tells them "don't worry your pretty little head, vote for me and I'll put evrything right. I have easy and quick solutions for everything, just don't go asking me for details" or they know bloody well it's all politcal mumbo-jumbo, but they're hoping to just get a nice little windfall in their pockets and they don't care about whatever sh*t these guys are up to.

*Wibbs, of course there are loony left people, but they seem to be more obsessed with finding 17 gender pronouns fo their cat, rather than to supress minorities, gays, journalists, women and environmentalist scientists.
The far right, to my mind, is ALWAYS far more intolerant, bigotted and violent than the far left.
The last far left terror organisation was the RAF in Germany and they died out with the DDR, but violent Skinhead gangs are ten a penny. In Leipzig you couldn't throw a brick without hitting a Nazi skinhead.

2 people have thanked this post
Chris_Heilong Registered User
#281

Can anyone explain what makes them far right-wing as opposed to just right wing?

2 people have thanked this post
ELM327 Registered User
#282

Chris_Heilong said:
Can anyone explain what makes them far right-wing as opposed to just right wing?

The will of the left I think, Chris.

blergh Registered User
#283

Chris_Heilong said:
Can anyone explain what makes them far right-wing as opposed to just right wing?

I think of it roughly like this:

Right wing:
Reduce taxes and public spending - usually except police and military. In particular reduce welfare payments.
Protect traditional values and way of life.
Strong immigration controls.

Far right:
Discriminate against non-traditional non-national groups.
Militarisation often involved, in terms of cultural shift, draft... fascism by definition involves political violence.
Punitive measures applied against non-traditional behaviour, non traditional ethnic groups.
Extreme immigration controls.
Extreme cuts to public spending except police and military
Increased power given to police
Reduced accountability of the state to the citizenry

1 person has thanked this post
Chris_Heilong Registered User
#284

blergh said:
I think of it roughly like this:

Right wing:
Reduce taxes and public spending - usually except police and military. In particular reduce welfare payments.
Protect traditional values and way of life.
Strong immigration controls.

Far right:
Discriminate against non-traditional non-national groups.
Militarisation often involved, in terms of cultural shift, draft... fascism by definition involves political violence.
Punitive measures applied against non-traditional behaviour, non traditional ethnic groups.
Extreme immigration controls.
Extreme cuts to public spending except police and military
Increased power given to police
Reduced accountability of the state to the citizenry


Well that does not sound nice at all, although maybe the police could do with a little more power here.

Danzy Registered User
#285

Chris_Heilong said:
Can anyone explain what makes them far right-wing as opposed to just right wing?


What could it be but fascism that would make someone non conform with much of the modern Left.

The Left wasn't always like that though.

Dissent is not fascism, nonconfirmity with all positions is not fsscism, disagreements or counter arguments are not fascism.


A very vocal and growing position in the Left disagrees.

The ones that agree are drowned out,keep quite orv are fewer than I imagine.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!